1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carson Palmer doing us a favor :) (Cincy looking at Qbs)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Feb 23, 2011.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,509 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    Rotoworld is reporting Cincy is taking palmer's threat to heart and is seriously considering a qb at #4..How beautiful it would be for us if Cam went 1st or 3rd and Gabbert went 4th..
  2. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    This would be absolutely a godsend if we were drafting at #5, had to beat the eagles tho :/
  3. GloryDaysRBack

9,509 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    We Would be picking 6th if we lost to Philly..and this would be a godsend regardless
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I dont think it matters either way. I said before and I'll say it again, I truly believe both QB's will be taken before we pick. I'm still calling Cam Newton to Buffalo unless the Panthers have a change of heart which I dont believe they will or someone trades up to the 1st or 2nd spot.

Once Newton is off the board it's going to become a cat fight between the teams wanting Gabbert and they wont wait until SF and Tennessee have a chance to make up their minds.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    307 Likes Received

bingo, what we really need is for one of them to drop to #9 and hope to illicit a bidding war.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,009 Messages
    7,757 Likes Received
    I agree. I think they're both gone by 15 for sure, and very likely both gone before we pick. Too many teams needing QBs ahead of us, and too few options available other than the draft. And each of the best QBs has flaws that keep that position group open to interpretation. Not everybody who needs a QB is going to like the same guy best.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,205 Likes Received
    My dream Draft.

1. Panthers...Newton
    2. Broncos...Fairley
    3. Bills...Gabbart
    4. Bengals...Mallett
    5. Redskins trade up for Locker so the Titans can't punk them, thus punking themselves.
    6. Browns...A.J. Green
    7. 49ers...Miller
    8. Titans...Bowers
    9. Cowboys...Peterson
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Mallett and Locker both in the 1st round, let alone the top 5 would be an absolute shock.
  9. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I know you and I both agree that it's silly to never say never when it comes to the draft but...........:laugh2:
  10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Everthing is gonna change after the combine.
  11. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Say no to PP at 9. This wouldn't necessarily be a "godsend"
  12. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    if cut Palmer would be a good backup for Romo too.
  13. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I can agree with anyone saying, "say no to trading up AT ALL" for Peterson but it's absolute craziness to pass on the guy at 9. There would simply be NO other player that could offer the value and immediate impact that Peterson could at 9 unless Fairley or Bowers dropped. Those would be the only 2 other players I would take over Peterson if he was there at 9.
  14. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know, I just don't like the guy. I don't think he'll be a good pro at corner. I may be wrong, but he's just one of those guys that I just don't see it in. I can envision him at safety, but not at corner. I know thats not a popular opinion, but it is what it is.

Plus, I don't think corner is a major need right now. I'd much rather take a d-lineman especially cause we're not keeping Hatcher, Spears and Bowen. Jordan at 9 makes the most sense to me.

That said, I know 100% if he is thee at 9, no way in hell does Jerry not make that pick.

If he runs under a 4.3 like he says, forget about it, though.
  15. GloryDaysRBack

9,509 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    Unless you want Gabbert or Newton..both of them being drafted in the top 8 Would be a godsend..do you think this is a 3 person draft? Is there nobody else buy Peterson? Who said I wanted Peterson? Gabbert and Newton going early drops everyone else down..everyone
  16. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think he can play CB at a high level but will never be the lock down corner people envision him to be. Unpopular opinion but I agree, I think he's a future Pro Bowl Safety.

I think Hatcher is the only one that wont be back. In Rob's schemes it seems the defensive lineman are all interchangeable from what I have seen which means between Rat, Brent, Igor, Spears, Bowen and Lissemore he would have 6 pieces to play with.

With that said, I'm still on board the Jordan bandwagon, I just don't think it's as much as lock as it seemed a few weeks ago.
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,205 Likes Received
    It won't be because of lack of effort. Baker, Ryan, and Garrett have all asked for Jerry to re-sign them.

I absolutely see CB as a need area and a top need on this team. Terence Newman has an 8 million dollar salary cap hit and is going to be 33 at the beginning of the season. Orlando Scandrick is not out answer opposite a shaky in 2010 Jenkins.

CB is the most important need I see on the team.

I do see Peterson as a CB and multi-time Pro Bowl CB at that.
  18. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Ouch, I can't agree with that. Taking the draft out of it. Upgrading the OL is priority #1 and then Dallas has to stop the bleeding at Safety. We can make it another year with Newman, Jenkins and Scandrick. We will never survive another year with Ball and Gerald.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I see your point, BUT if King Cam keeps making comments like he did today about being an 'entertainment mogul' and all this BS....the kid is Vince Young all over again in my mind. Not too sharp and all about the ca$h.
  20. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would be a "godsend" if your player is PP, like many. But I think other players at bigger positions of need will fall to 9 regardless of who's taken in the top 10.