1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carson Palmer Further Out the Cincy Door

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hostile, May 16, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,406 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    Carson Palmer’s house has a buyer

5/16/2011 1:14:53 PM

Carson Palmer’s house, which was put on the market in late March, took less than two months to find a buyer according to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer. Comey & Shepherd Realtors lists the Indian Hill property as under contract. The five-bedroom, two-story property in Indian Hill had an asking price of $2.1 million.

The house, made of stone and brick, sits on five acres and also features a gourmet kitchen, 5 1/2 bathrooms, solarium, swimming pool, spa, golf green and pond.

The real estate listing describes Palmer’s house ”an exceptional home that exudes comfort, character and privacy.”
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,323 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Sounds like a great house. Palmer is serious it seems. Wonder where he's moving. Southern Calif or maybe AZ. My guess is they will eventually trade him when they see it won't play for them.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,207 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received
    If it were any other team, I might agree but not Cincy. Paul Brown was stubborn like that and all the rest of them have kinda followed suit so to speak. There is something about that organization that just won't give in to player situations like this. I would not be surprised if they just never let Palmer play again. Would not surprise me from that team.
  4. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,656 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Wonder how much Washington will give in a trade for Palmer? Will the Redskins let him wear #9?
    :laugh2:
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,752 Messages
    2,783 Likes Received
    It would be kind of funny if Andy Dalton bought it.

I know, I know...second rounder and all but it would just be kind of funny in an ironic way.
  6. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Palmer is a very good QB and with the right players around him he could be great. It won't EVER happen in Cincy so why not trade him to Seattle or Arizona (out of your division and conference) and get something for him. It is obvious that he is serious about not playing for them again.

Paul Brown may have been stubborn but he had a right to be, he was the greatest HC in NFL history. Unfortunately, his successors are idiots.
  7. jobberone

35,323 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Well, I have to wonder, too. Cincy is a different animal. But I think eventually they will rather get a pick than just lose him. I do think it will take some time for that to happen even beyond the lockout, etc. I wouldn't be surprised for him to sit out the coming year.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,974 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    who exactly is he going to play for in SoCal?
  9. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,070 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    They will trade them McNabb.

But not before Danny Boy signgn him to a new contract calling for an $11 million bonus then pays it and trades him.

That's the Redskin way.....
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,814 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    When they drafted Dalton it meant Palmer was gone.
  11. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,855 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    Palmer was gone when he said he wouldn't play for them ever again. THEN they drafted Dalton.:laugh2:
  12. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rumor is Dan Snyder is already willing to Palmer the league's first billion dollar contract.
  13. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I bet Romo bought it.
  14. jobberone

35,323 Messages
    2,730 Likes Received
    Well if he sells his house he and his family will have to live somewhere. Since he doesn't have a team to play for then he can move anywhere he wants. I suspect he has children who will need to be in school in the fall. Where would you like for him to live?
  15. DTK

DTK Member

681 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He lives in SoCal. He hasn't been in Cincy since the end of the season. The only time he ever lived in Cincy was during the season. It's been said his wife hates Cincy so it's not like he was here all year long.

In regards to his request, if I were the Bengals I'd trade him to Buffalo or I wouldn't trade him at all. They aren't going to get anything in return for him now. So I'd do w/e I could to NOT satisfy him. He signed the contract to play for the Bengals and was rewarded very well financially. Too often we are critical of teams for not honoring contracts. Well here is an example of a player not honoring his contract. He knew what he was agreeing to when he signed an extension w/ the Bengals. It's not like they just suddenly became the armpit of the NFL. They were that way long before he got there. So in my eyes I have no pity for the man. He signed the deal, now live with it and play out your very well paid contract.
  16. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Carson Palmer is set financially so no need to come back to the Bungels. Nice house by the way...
  17. Manster54

Manster54 Active Member

853 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Sweet house, but it is in Cincinnati.
    :eek::