1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Carter in recent article - JJT I believe

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Nors, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,617 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    QC definitely needs to make up his mind quicker about running or not. There were many times last year when he hesitated....and lost.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,061 Messages
    1,917 Likes Received

Yeah, quilty as charged. :(

I do like Nors.

If everyone had the same opinion this place would get pretty stale.

BTW did I ever share with you my thoughts on Eddie George Barb? ;)
  3. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You crossed the line by not discussing with me that huge wonderful Golenbock book I read at your suggestion. I am now reading "Duane Thomas and the Fall of America's Team" by DT and Paul Zimmerman. Have you read that one?

If you continue to be a bully by refusing to start a Cowboys Book of the Month Club here, that will be yet another line you decided to cross, Mr. Historian, and the consequence may not be so minimal.

Nuff said! :D
  4. MichaelWinicki

31,061 Messages
    1,917 Likes Received

I think somebody means business. :D
  5. LaTunaNostra

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think this guy is gonna change your mind, Mikey, I REALLY do.

[IMG]

Eddie George, Cowboys training camp, 7/31/04
  6. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LTN, you finished that book already? I just heard about the Duane Thomas book in another book I am reading. I am reading Skip Bayless's God's Coach right now, and the chapter I just finished, he had just interviewed Duane Thomas and he discussed the book he would eventually right. Bayless said it was not that successful though. Does Duane talk about the diary he kept during his days as a Cowboy?

I bought the Cliff and Charlie book along with Bayless' book, so I will be reading that one next. The Book of the Month thing is a good idea. Also, I have been told by many on this board that the Walt Garrison book is a pretty good read as well.

- Mike G.
  7. LaTunaNostra

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike, I flew thru the "definitive oral history"..even if I didn't give a hoot about football I'd have treasured Golenbock's work - he so well anchored the growth of the Cowboys in the context of the last four decades of US history.

It was very, very well done.

Hey, I will check the Garrison book out..I hope you put an order in for the book coming out in Sept. The one about TUNA and last year's Cowboys.
  8. MichaelWinicki

31,061 Messages
    1,917 Likes Received

I must say I'm impressed Barb.

I don't think there are too many folks in our age-bracket that have been fans for years and then all of a sudden adopt a new team hook, line and sinker.

I'll feel sorry for you if there is ever a Cowboy-Jet SB.
  9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are a class act and just wanted to acknowledge that. I look at this as a forum to discuss all things Dallas. I expect and enjoy differing opinions, idea's and thoughts. I often go after issues against the norm and truly try and think out of the box. I take the ribbing in stride. There is a line, usually those that cross it know it.

We are all spirited Dallas fanatics, and I accept this as a family of sorts, (some dysfunctional) :p

They traded freakin Nomah! I had to explain that to my 10 year old.