1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Case for Chase

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Oct 17, 2011.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Heading into the game against Georgia Tech, I was looking forward to seeing the matchup between Yellow Jackets WR Stephen Hill and Minnifield. One of the more feared deep threats in the country, Hill entered the contest with 17 catches for a 32.5-yard average and four touchdowns. While Minnifield wasn't tested much with the Rambling Wreck throwing the football just eight times, you got a glimpse of the natural cover skills that have Minnifield currently rated as one of the top three senior cornerbacks available for the 2012 draft. Hill was held without a catch, and the one pass that did come his way when the two were pitted against one another resulted in an interception for Minnifield.

The son of former Pro Bowler Frank Minnifield, Chase put himself on the radar of NFL scouts with his performance in 2010. A permanent fixture in the lineup for the first time in his career last season, he finished second in the ACC.

I really like Minnifield and I hope several junior CBs come out this year so we have a chance at a shutdown corner like Minnifield.
  2. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

320 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    The cornerback position will have to be addressed in the offseason because of Newman's age. I have been watching several CB's this college football season. Chase is already on my list. I would love for Jerry to sign a CB in the offseason and concentrate on improving the O'line.
  3. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,586 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Minnifield is a great tackler too.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    yep and Ryan likes his CBS to be aggresive good tacklers.
    Claiborne, Minnifield, and Gilmore are the thre I think they will look closely at in the 1st.