1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

casmith07's Procrastination Mockstravaganza

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by casmith07, Apr 26, 2012.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    My last minute "book it, stamp it, send it, receive it, open it, take it to the bank" mock draft!

1. Mark Barron, S, Alabama -- the Cowboys either wait until #14, or trade up with Jacksonville to #7 and select Barron. The secondary finally resembles a decent defense 8 years AW (After Woodson).

2. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State -- the Cowboys add some talent to the backfield, and officially put Felix Jones on notice. Doug Martin joins what could be a career tandem with DeMarco Murray, and helps us score some more touchdowns on the ground.

3. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma -- good bye Laurent Robinson, hello Ryan Broyles. In a 2-for-1, we get a kick returner and a slot man, or even a guy that can come in and play on the outside while allowing Miles Austin to slide down into the slot where he's virtually uncoverable.

4a. Philip Blake, C, Baylor -- we need beef in the middle, and we need that beef to be beef that can actually play. Philip Blake solidifies a need and likely starts from day 1. People will talk about what a steal this pick was later.

4b. Bryan Anger, P, California -- with the comp pick, we take a flyer on the best punter in college football. McBriar isn't a sure thing to come back, and Chris Jones was alright, but not amazing.

5. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt -- he slides a little, but we luck out and grab him in the 5th. Casey Hayward pushes guys like Frank Walker and Alan Ball off the roster and steps in as the #4 CB, but could be the #3 by season's end if he can out-play Scandrick. He also will be a good enough #3 if Mike Jenkins leaves after this year.

6. Rhett Ellison, TE, Southern Cal -- Coach Garrett likes 2 TE sets. Ellison is athletic, and will take his blocking cues from former teammate and now new teammate Tyron Smith.

7. Hebron Fangupo, DT/DE, BYU -- another slider, with teams doing all sorts of crazy things like they always do. A late draft steal, this guy provides some big body in the middle of the 3-4 as a spell for Ratliff, and some extra oompf on the line in special teams.

I admit that I'm throwing darts after round 4. Everything else are just names that I mocked the most.

Go. Tear it up. Rip it up and down, I don't care cuz it's Draft Day, baby!! :D :D :D
  2. jchap2k

jchap2k Member

140 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    wow, punter in the 4th round. I think we need a punter, but I figured 5th or 6th round. Is he that good? I'm not too informed on Bryan Anger.
  3. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im cool with everything but martin and anger...and hell yea,its draft day:star:
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,024 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
    Like the picks, but that's a lot of offense for a team in need of defensive help.
  5. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Hayward is more than likely gone in the second or 3rd round. We need a rusher or a corner this year b/c we can't owe both Jenkins and Spencer $11mm in 2013.
  6. casmith07

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I think defense is one of those things in the NFL that either clicks or it doesn't. I also think Mark Barron really gives us a boost. If QBs have to think a few more split seconds to throw the ball because of awesome coverage, Ware & Co. will get there.

PS I miss the Drew Pearson afro avatar :(

There is going to be a free agency period and a draft next spring too, you know.
  7. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Those are expensive spots in free agency and pretty cheap in the draft.
  8. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,687 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Unless someone trades up for him, i think Barron will be there for us at #14. I hear all the Buffalo talk but they have a solid S tandem in place. They have other major holes to fill.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    RB, WR and P in the first four rounds... I might laugh to keep from crying if this happens.
  10. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Between those and the 26 year old center, I'd be pretty disappointed.
  11. casmith07

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I think Buffalo is going to take Stephon Gilmore.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,302 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    :D Two of the three first picks are special skills people....just what we need. Yea, it's draft day. Plug in controversy on who's starting from the draft forward...;)

Hope all is going well in school for you. I know tonight will be a 'big blow' for you and us all.:starspin