1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Castro the Brightest leader Watson I have ever met?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Doomsday101, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    “You can think what ever you want to about Fidel Castro, but he was one of the brightest leaders I have ever met”

“the Cuban revolution that kicked out the wealthy, Che Guavera did that, and then after they took over they went out among the population to find someone who can lead this new nation, and they found… well just leave it there. An attorney by the name of Fidel Castro.”

These were the words of Diane Watson, Democrat Congresswoman for California. And you wonder why we call them the Looney left? Fidel Castro one of the brightest leaders she has ever met? What planet she lives on? Perhaps she can explain to me why Cubans are willing to risk their lives crossing the shark infested, cold waters between Cuba and Florida to get to the US. Fidel, a dictator who locks up or kills his political rivals, who uses the military as his personal bodyguards, who keeps his people in poverty. Oh, but the horrible USA is the one keeping the Cubans poor, that’s what many would say. As if Cuba can’t and doesn’t do business with other countries.

I don’t know about you, but praising Fidel Castro as a bright leader is not only offensive to most Cubans here in the US but is by far the dumbest thing any Democrat could say. Now I do everything within my power to not call people names (browshirts, swastika carriers, unAmerican, stupid, ignorant, crazy, etc.), but this time I can’t think of anything else better to say. These are the people you voted in to take care of this country, people who praise dictators, who defend terrorist, who attack and insult their own countrymen, who want to prosecute their own employees, who claim to fight for the rights of the poor but in reality are more concerned with their jobs and would rather step back than stick to their words.

If these are the kind of people you want running the country the you are a Loon, you are crazy and most of all, you are stupid. Better yet, listen for yourself just how stupid they sound.

http://charles.joeuser.com/article/362485/And_you_wonder_why_they_call_you_the_Looney_Left
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    “You can think what ever you want to about Fidel Castro, but he was one of the brightest leaders I have ever met”

Well, it's not hard to impress morons.
  3. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    Not hard to be impressed with a communist leader when that is what you would like to see happen here.
  4. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hate to say this. But idiots don't usually stay in power for decades. Even dictators that are dumb find a way to get overthrown.

There is such a thing as "bright" for all the wrong reasons. Think of the evil and/or bad leaders through history. Most weren't stupid. They just had poor idiology, morals, and ethics.
  5. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    Yeah that is why the people of N. Korea have been starving for years and trying to escape N. Korea under the leadership of Kim Jong Il and his father before him. As for Cuba people there too have looked to escape does Miami ring a bell?
  6. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great reasoning. Because their people are struggling? Dictators don't care about their own people. They care about themselves. If they are able to stay in power. Then they aren't flat out stupid.

Stupid people can be brought down easily.

Is Castro isn't/wasn't bright. Then I would be afraid to see what a smart dictator looks like.
  7. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    Castro like other dictators used intimidation and violence to any and all who oppose them. If that is what you consider bright then I feel bad for you. Saddam held power for a very long time not because he was smart he would kill or imprison anyone who dare challenge him. Castro has done the same and that does not take a great intelligence only an iron fist.
  8. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,359 Messages
    568 Likes Received

yes you would. please keep in mind as you are going off your American values, programming works on the brain. Im not saying all Cubans are brain washed, and im not saying either way works or doesnt. You have a lot of Cubans who are happy there and you have some who are dreamers and see what America has, and you have some who want better for their lives. The bottom line tho Castro = dictator.
  9. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Look, think what you want. But I bet that Castro considering his upbringing and education isn't considered stupid. Evil? Yes. Stupid? No.
  10. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I 100% agree with you.

I'm just saying that I am not shocked if he is "bright". Especially since you can be smart and evil at the same time. Neither are mutually exclusive.
  11. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    and it does not make him bright either. I don't think he is of great intelligence or one of the brightest leaders I know, evidently the idiot Watson would disagree after all Castro is the brightest leader she has met.
  12. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guess its all how you judge intelligence.

Castro to me, is all about holding onto power. His dinky island off of our country has basically been flicking off admins of both parties for decades now.

Is he the BRIGHTEST? I doubt it. Is he probably a very smart person who happens to be a POS? I think so. I don't know if Watson looked into his eyes and get a sense of his soul. I doubt that much.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    Yeah, my guess is that he is bright. You can be intelligent and be a horribly misguided leader. That is one the poorest run countries (outside of most of the ones in Africa) on the planet.
  14. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    I think the guy is a thug who has killed or imprisoned all who oppose him that in my book does not make a person intelligent it makes him ruthless and instills the fear so no one is willing to stand up against him
  15. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it also doesn't make him stupid. I think his education while doesn't prove he isn't stupid. Just supports that he's not.

If you want to dismiss your opponents as not bright because they are dictators and thugs. Then you're going to lose a lot of battles.
  16. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,359 Messages
    568 Likes Received

Better way of putting it. 100 percent correct tho. My personal opinion, he might be limited in intelligence, but strong arm tactics have kept him around. Hes not just bright, but more ruthless than said next guy. A gun does help correct peoples opinion of you.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Pretty Fair and Balanced "article". Thumbs up.

Nothing like throwing a few "looney"'s around to make your opinion instantly credible.
  18. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    I did not say he was stupid however Rep Watson called him "the brightest leader she has met." I don't think Castro is all that bright that does not make him stupid. As far as remaining in power he like all other dictators do so by strong arm tactics of killing off all those who oppose them and even intimidate their own inner circle who fear for their own lives as well as the lives of their family. That does not take great intelligence to do that and while he is not stupid that damn sure does not make him very bright
  19. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I doubt he's the brightest. I can't imagine he's not bright though. I just look at his bio. Rich family, private schooling, law school. He's probably a pretty bright POS.
  20. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,457 Likes Received
    My response was about what Rep Watson said. Is Castro stupid? No. Is he extremely bright? no. His country is poorly ran and his ability to hold power is not due to his great intellect and Watson is praising him?