1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: CB Morris Claiborne hosts football camp to show South Dallas youths that anything’s possible

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 15, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,163 Messages
    6,973 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    4:31 pm on July 13, 2013 | Permalink

The past two years, Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne has spent some of that time hosting a youth football camp in his hometown of Shreveport. On Saturday, the former sixth overall draft pick held his first camp in Dallas.

“I’m just letting these guys know that anything’s possible,” Claiborne said. “When you get out, you move around, you go to school and you believe in God, anything’s possible.”

With help from non-profit Christian organization H.I.S. BridgeBuilders and non-profit homework center Reach4Hope, Claiborne’s foundation held the one-day, non-contact camp at William Blair Park in South Dallas.

Claiborne, 23, said his camp goals were to have fun, demonstrate the fundamentals of the game and to show the kids a person who was probably in their same position when he was their age.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...h-dallas-youths-that-anythings-possible.html/
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I love to see players give back to the communities in which they live and play... Awesome