1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CBS NFL Today Shakeup: Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino are out and Tony Gonzalez is in

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 18, 2014.

1. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Not gonna get to see Marino look butthurt everytime one of his passing records fall anymore and hear Shannon talking from inside a wooden barrel. OH NO!
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,705 Messages
    6,465 Likes Received
    From a personal perspective, I rarely watched CBS pre-game and the few times I have, it was Sharpe talking. His voice always drove me to turn the channel.

Don't have much to say about Marino, but the folks on twitter believes he was an empty suit and was cool with him leaving. lol

I like Shaq. He's a very likable dude. I hate Shaq's voice. Always have. Sue me.

The comparison between Shaq and Sharpe were with their voices. Not sure how you missed the connection.
  3. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Shaq to me is perfect for the TNT crew because he has a great sense of humor and good chemistry with Ernie, Charles and Kenny. And I didn't see a straight comparison between the two. Relax and stop being so sensitive about everything. You have your opinions and I am sharing mine.
  4. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Funny how the public has a love/hate relationship with people on TV and Radio. I know I guy who is loved but he's been fired from every job he has had. He's addicted to everything from drugs to sex and gambling but no one outside the biz knows.

What I'm saying is the changes at CBS maybe more than meats the eye. Then on the other hand none of them should be on TV except JB he's a real pro and has to be with those guys on the set to work with.
  5. WoodysGirl

66,705 Messages
    6,465 Likes Received
    Can't find the tweet, but I did read they do plan to fill the other position. Negotiations are underway so there's nothing to announce.
  6. WoodysGirl

66,705 Messages
    6,465 Likes Received
    Me being sensitive? Because I was responding to a post that was indirectly responding to my opinion? Pfffpt. I think in the dictionary, it's called messageboard discussion.

That said, the comparison was with their voices, which both annoy me. That's where it began and ended.
  7. mldardy

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    You came off that way with 'Sue me' sue you for what? it's not that deep and 'not sure how you missed the connection'. That comes off to me as a little sensitive. I didn't think there was a need for it but whatever.
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,642 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    Gonzales has already said Matt Ryan isn't elite.
    DandyDon1722 likes this.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,954 Messages
    9,035 Likes Received
    I actually think he'll suck. He's got the personality of a rock.
  10. WoodysGirl

66,705 Messages
    6,465 Likes Received
    Yeah... Nothing I post on here is ever that deep. WYSIWYG and all that jazz..

We're good..
  11. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,199 Messages
    793 Likes Received

I don't believe Sharpe was as bad an enunciator as Emmitt Smith but he is dumber than Emmitt.
  12. mldardy

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    I've always thought Emmitt's problem was stage fright in a live scripted environment. Trying not to miss up and trying to sound really perfect and smart. I've never heard Emmitt sound that bad outside of that environment. When he's giving interviews or doing something for NFL films or something like that he is pretty clear and understandable. Some people are comfortable in a live environment like that and others like Emmitt aren't. It just wasn't a good fit for him and he knew it. I thought Sharpe was a lot better in that environment. I think most didn't like Shannon because he sounded like he had marbles in his mouth all the time. LOL.
  13. mldardy

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Cool.:)
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,881 Messages
    1,829 Likes Received
    The guy does Ron Burgundy impressions on Sunday Night Football. He's pretty funny.
  15. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,766 Messages
    1,972 Likes Received
    Sharpe was just painful to watch and listen to. Im not sure which was more laborious, watching him struggle to talk or him actually struggling to do so with every word.

Marino - he was just there. Neither good nor bad.

Cowher oughta be gone with them as well. Its almost as painful listening to him as it is Shannon Sharpe.

Boomer oughta be gone also.

Get rid of that entire awful crew, except for JB. Clean up and toss out the trash and start over.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,199 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    There half been reports that SS's shiny suits were causing seizures in some and giving others migraines . . . .

Look paly, don't come to this forum all logical and understanding and clear-headed and fair-minded. We don't cotton to nice people like you.
  17. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    To each his own. I see him on a lot here in ATL & he's fine.
  18. CyberB0b

3,881 Messages
    1,829 Likes Received
    Shannon Sharpe was running on borrowed time the day he signed up.
  19. mldardy

7,074 Messages
    991 Likes Received
    Although I agree with you because I can't stand his smug self, he is their it guy right now.. With that Carton and Boomer or whatever it's called and all the other stuff they have going on with him he's their guy right now.

I really do have to say that CBS is trying hard to compete with FOX and they just can't. It's like ESPN with the NBA having Simmons, Rose, etc they can't compete with TNT no matter how hard they try. FOX like TNT has the perfect mix of silliness and fun that CBS doesn't.
  20. CyberB0b

3,881 Messages
    1,829 Likes Received

Not a fan of Tony Montana?

Seems infinitely better than Sharpe.
    Heisenberg and OhSnap like this.