1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: CBS: NFL's 10 most interesting influencers: Commish, Jerry Jones atop list

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 12, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,083 Messages
    1,333 Likes Received
    NFL's 10 most interesting influencers: Commish, Jerry Jones atop list
    August 12, 2014 9:17 am ET
    [IMG]
    Pete Prisco

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ing-influencers-commish-jerry-jones-atop-list

[IMG] The Cowboys may struggle, but owner Jerry Jones helps significantly shape the NFL. (USATSI)

1. Commissioner Roger Goodell:
    It all starts with Goodell. He is the most powerful man in the league, even if many don't like him, including some players and media members. I've known Goodell for a long time, dating back to the expansion process in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and while I don't always agree with everything he does, I think he is a better commissioner than most.

2. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: Even though his team hasn't had success in a long time, and he's viewed by many as the reason why it's that way on the field, he continues to be one of the best owners in terms of business and influence on the league. He's laughing at your mocking of him all the way to the bank.

3. NFL Media COO Brian Rolapp: The new head of NFL media is considered a forward thinker, especially as it relates to digital media. That's a wise thing. The rollout of NFL Now, a new digital platform for the league, will be something to watch in terms of Rolapp's vision...