1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CBS Sports Rang/Brugler 1st round projections 11/28/12....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Dec 1, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    You always balance need with BPA. No one really goes all BPA despite what they say.

Frankly if a guy is ranked 16th in that round and he is a need then you trade down some.

But as long as he is rated as being worthy of that round pick why is it a reach?

If the guy can play that is all that matters.

This VALUE bull**** is just that. Is the guy a first rd pick? Yes or no.
    Is the guy a second round pick? Yes or no. As long as the answer is a yes then pick him.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,878 Messages
    5,496 Likes Received
    "Value bull****". That's a new one.

It's a reach because he's not the best player on your board per the scouting department you hire to make those determinations. You are reaching around a better player to fill a need. It's pretty much the worst way you can run your draft.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I had rather get rid of the zone blocking scheme and Callahan if it means Warmack wouldn't fit. I liked DeCastro last year due to his fit in the ZBS, but Cordy Glenn and Osemele were more of the type of linemen I would like to see. I like power smashmouth football. To.hell with the finesse stuff.
  4. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    i'd like to move down, grab another 3rd, take Dion Jordan then move back into the bottom of round 1 and take Jonathan Cooper(wishful thinking!)
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,838 Messages
    914 Likes Received
    Burm you realize the Chiefs dont have a choice. No way they can trot Cassel and Quinn out there next year and expect anybody to show up. They have to sell hope. I would not pick him number one but it will probably happen.
  6. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    aT 16 Warmack is arguably the BA on the board and fills a need.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,878 Messages
    5,496 Likes Received
    Yep, good point. Don't scoff at Geno 1st overall. QBs are always over drafted. Maybe the Chiefs can trade down a little and still get him.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,184 Messages
    3,012 Likes Received
    What if the CB Dee Milliner falls to #16 and the Cowboys have him rated as the BPA?
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    IT is BS. all this crap about 'reaches'

Is the guy considered a pick worthy of that round? YES OR NO.

If he is and he is in a position of need versus slightly higher ranked players at positions of strength then take him.

IF your draft board is correct then the players all should help you.

How do you compare worth of a DB vs a TE vs a WR vs a OT or OG?
    You really cannot.
  10. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,577 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I'm a huge proponent of the BPA drafting philosophy, but that doesn't mean automatically selecting the top remaining player on your board. You have to consider what the team needs too, and use trades to maximize the talent you can get to fill your holes. Womack is widely being graded as a top-5 player in this draft. How would he not be a "value" selection in the mid-teens?