1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CBZ40: A Sad Bit of News For The Members Here... Cbz40

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by Hostile, Aug 13, 2009.

1. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    This is devestating. R.I.P pops, were going to miss you.
  2. Warick

Warick Member

700 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Wow! I hate to hear this. I don't think I've ever HATED anything more than I hate Cancer. Prayers to Mr. Parkhill's family, and may you rest in peace, CBZ40. :(
  3. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    R.I.P pops, you'll be missed.
  4. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,986 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Wow, that's a major downer. RIP, Cbz40.

I move to rename the Daily Zone after Cbz40.
  5. cowboyrock

cowboyrock Benched

1,045 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very sad. god bless him and his family.
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I like it.
  7. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,406 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

:star: R.I.P. Mr. Parkhill :star:
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,787 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    My original post in this thread cannot even begin to explain how sad I was to get this news. Most people in here would not know this, but Cbz40 was my Jiminy Cricket, my conscience on this site. I asked that of him when he joined the staff here. I told him to tell me if I was ever out of line with posters when I got in a heated debate.

Oh boy would he tell me I was out of line. It was always funny when he did it, but he meant it too.

I have the phone numbers for the staff and for the last couple of months I have been calling to check on him, but he always wanted me to give him some space. He actually felt guilty that he wasn't well enough to get up every morning and post Cowboys articles in the Daily Zone for you Zoners. I assured him that we wanted him to get better and not to worry about it.

That was the kind of man he was though. He was willing to search for news and he was willing to jump my butt and jerk my chain. I know a lot of people get offended by me when in a debate because I have such a good time arguing my points. Cbz40 always brought me back to being a nice guy because he was so danged nice.

You know, I think Pops was one of a kind. No one else on this forum is quite like him. I valued his friendship and his wisdom more than I have the ability to say.

When I was talking to his daughter and she told me the news she told me they had tried to find my phone number so they could call sooner. Now I'm feeling a bit guilty that I didn't call sooner, but he had asked me to be patient and give him some space.

I talked to him just a couple of days before he died. He was weak, but he was joking, and he was determined he was going to win the fight with cancer. I posted the news in the Mod Zone for the staff and then I literally had to step away from the forum and breathe a huge sigh of relief. He meant that much to me.

Today's news hit me like a ton of bricks. Someone said they feel like they've been kicked in the gut. Me too. He was so much more than a friend. He was someone I truly look up to. He was a great man and an asset to this forum that we can never truly replace.

I said before we will be doing some kind of tribute to him. We just need some time as a staff to digest this and figure out what that tribute will be.

He deserved it. This man truly deserved every good wish you are all expressing. I asked him if I could post a thread about his illness and ask you for your thoughts and prayers. He told me he didn't want any of you to worry about that with the season coming.

Yep, right in the gut.
  9. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    What horrible news. Early mornings here will never be the same without him.

RIP, Pops. :(
  10. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Shocked....absolutely shocked. I don't know what to say.

I am so sorry to hear this.

What a gentle soul. He will be so missed. I read his guestbook. He touched many lives w/ his music and teaching.

God comfort you Pops.

RIP

Dallas
  11. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,847 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    RIP CBZ40 :(

Cowboyszone is like a family and this males me very sad.
  12. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My thoughts also.
  13. tcity

tcity New Member

6 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Rest In Peace CBZ40 - you will be missed.
  14. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,701 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Pops was awesome and truthfully way too young at 65, he will be missed, what a class act!!! :bow::bow::(
  15. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,986 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I was looking at some of Cbz40's old threads and found this. I hope he doesn't mind having it reposted now.

Originally posted Feb. 19, 2006 --

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48626

[IMG]

16. NMfan

NMfan Member

296 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is a shock. I will truely miss Cbz40. He was a gentleman and knowleadgable fan. I pray God bless and comfort his family.
  17. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Damn, I never met the man and I shed a tear when I read he had passed. Always been one of my favorite posters here. RIP pops

Seriously, **** cancer.
  18. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,770 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    a class act that his family can be proud of, rest in peace Pops! and my best wishes to his family and friends

"He may be gone but never forgotten"
  19. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even from the grave, he manages to make me laugh one last time

:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

I had forgotten about this post. Well played sir, well played
  20. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    The season seems a little less important now. We'll miss ya Pops.

Great find Adam. Funny stuff.