1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Celtics HOF "Chief" Parrish Wants Job

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,214 Messages
    1,310 Likes Received
    Robert Parish yearns for NBA coaching job

The Boston Globe - By Stan Grossfeld
    Monday, January 28, 2013

“In my case, I don’t have any friends,’’ Parish said. “I saw Kevin at an event; he said he was going to call me. He never called. I called Larry twice when he was at the Indiana Pacers; he never returned my call. And not just Larry. Across the board, most NBA teams do not call back. You need a court order just to get a phone call back from these organizations. I’m not a part of their fraternity.”

Bird has a rather different recollection. Traveling, he sent a concise text in response to questions from the Globe: “Robert never called me for a job. Period.”

Click here to read the entire article:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...oaching-job/2nHzPnNCisC5pEv5R2eqWP/story.html
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,340 Messages
    2,737 Likes Received
    That's not going to help a lot but I like the honesty.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,214 Messages
    1,310 Likes Received
    I'm a bit conflicted. I mean, I understand wanting to get paid for the work you do but honestly, Parrish want's to get paid for coaching when he has little resume to justify the salary expectations.

That and the fact that Bird says Parrish never called him makes me pause.

I don't know what to think of that. Either way, if The Chief wanted to coach, he probably should have gone to a College and started coaching there. With his name and experience, any success at the College level would have, in all likelihood, translated into opportunity in the NBA. JMO