1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chad Johnson for Roy Williams trade...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by CowboyWay, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rusteezcuz

rusteezcuz Member

55 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I listened to this also, and came away with a little different opinion. Galloway was saying that Chad Johnson was trying to work it so he could end up in Dallas, and Dallas was certainly interested. It was Engel that proposed the idea of Chad Johnson for Roy Williams. The story didn't seem to be Johnson for Williams; it was simply the Cowboys might be working with Cincinnati for Johnson. Maybe the Cowboys are working on a deal that has absolutely nothing to do with Roy Williams.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,800 Messages
    4,876 Likes Received
    As much as I would like it, I suspect you are right on the :money:
  3. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the real question is how long is T.O. gonna be here. He's already 34 and CJ barely turned 30 and if we have a shot at Roy Williams(the receiver) we need to take it. We need youth and I seriously doubt Owens is gonna be putting up 1,000 yard seasons in 5 years. You cant have two elite and a possibly soon to be elite receiver on your team at the same time. Too much money and too much ego.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

uh oh..

I smell a Marcus spears/Bobby carpenter for chad johnson trade coming!!!

:laugh1:
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    What does CJ's contract look like? It would cost us 7 mil to trade Roy. So that leave us 11 mil to fit in Johnson's contract plus any other FA's we need plus 2 first round picks.

Sorry but I can't it happening. We won't be trading Roy.
  6. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well....just how in the world can you live with yourself?

:eek::
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    That would make ALOT more sense and adds a little credibility to the story. Iceburg is right, the cap hit would be around $7 million next year if I remember correctly to trade Roy.

Financially, we cant move him. That is what Iceburg was getting at, not that he is such a fan favorite that he cant be traded.

Now if your talking picks for Ocho Cinco, thats a different story.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    Again, just like with those who wanted to trade Roy for Roy from Detriot, this kind of deal will NOT happen.

Dallas would have to eat the rest of the signing bonus in their cap and they're not going to do that. It won't happen if Roy Williams is part of the deal, cause yes his money would hit the cap in a major way.
  9. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    post more.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,657 Messages
    6,373 Likes Received
    1) If Roy is garbage like most say he is, then what makes one think that another NFL team is going to trade for him. They get paid too and I'm sure they like their jobs.

2) As much as I like CJ, I prefer TJ.
  11. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Houshmandzadeh?
  12. WoodysGirl

66,657 Messages
    6,373 Likes Received
    Whoseyourmama
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    CHAMPIONSHIP
  14. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Member

170 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Out of the big three recievers that are supposedly on the block: Johnson, Williams, and Fitz, I think the most likely to land in Dallas is Johnson, simply because I don't see Arizona and Detroit wanting to give us that kind of firepower. Both of them are NFC teams that believe they are playoff contenders so it makes no sense to turn us into next years version of the Pats. On the other hand, Cinci is in the AFC and would probably care alot less about what we do with Johnson. I would rather have Williams or Fitz, mostly becaue of age, but I do think a Johnson-TO combo would be deadly.
    That being said, it will not be Roy being traded. I wonder if a 3rd or 4th and Carp or Spears would be more realistic.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never heard of this rumor... When exactly did Chad Johnson say this????
  16. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't see it being feasible or Chad and T.O. coexisting.
  17. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have to dissagree, Chad Johnson is who the defenses stay up late to stop...
  18. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are good friends, I don't get where that would be a problem...
  19. WoodysGirl

66,657 Messages
    6,373 Likes Received
    TJ was the better receiver this year. And while I know CJ is more explosive, I think TJ is explosive and more consistent.
  20. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's all I needed to read to know that it was going to be something really dumb.

Next topic please...