1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chad Johnson for Roy Williams trade...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by CowboyWay, Jan 30, 2008.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,092 Messages
    4,017 Likes Received
    STINKO FORCING HIS WAY OUT?
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 30, 2008, 2:55 p.m.
    Several readers tell us that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson is making the rounds in Arizona, and that he’s creating the distinct impression that he wants out of Cincinnati.

One reader said that Ocho Stinko appeared on The Jim Rome Show on Wednesday, and made it clear that he’s looking to get out. Lance McAlister of 1530 The Homer in Cincy has an entry about the comments of Señor Stinko on McAlister’s blog.

“This isn’t cute….it isn’t fun…and it’s not an act,” McAlister writes. “This is calculated and orchestrated. He and agent Drew Rosenhaus have put the wheels in motion to get out of town. They believe he’s best served leaving Cincinnati.”

Recently, Johnson joked on camera about hoping to be traded to Miami, and he has given disturbingly candid interviews to Sirius NFL Radio and to ESPN Radio regarding his status in Bengals.

But coach Marvin Lewis has said that Johnson won’t be traded. Of course, the Eagles have said the same thing about quarterback Donovan McNabb, and plenty of people aren’t buying that one, either.

Stay tuned. Three years after T.O. forced his way out of Philly, there could be another NFL soap opera playing itself out in Cincy.

CHAD FLIRTS WITH CHARLOTTE
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 30, 2008, 7:02 p.m.
    Bengals receiver Chad Johnson continued to back-door campaign to get out of Cincinnati on Wednesday with a comment to Mark Packer of WFNZ in Charlotte.

Per multiple readers, Johnson addressed on “Primtime with the Packman” the possibility of teaming up with receiver Steve Smith.

“85 plus 89 equals Super Bowl,” Johnson supposedly said.

Permalink | Comments Back to Top

CHAD’S PLAYING IT COY
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 30, 2008, 4:54 p.m.
    Though Bengals receiver Chad Johnson didn’t come out and say that he wants out of Cincinnati during a Wednesday visit to ESPN’s NFL Live, he didn’t say that he wants to return — and he was given every opportunity to do so.

Instead, he said that he wants to play for a contender, and he pulled out the “next question” card when pressed on whether the Bengals fall into that category.

Johnson will try his damnedest not to come off as the bad guy in this. In the end, however, he won’t pull it off. If he wants out, he needs to be a man and say so. Otherwise, he needs to say that he wants to stay, and he needs to shut up and get about the business of being a good teammate.

John Clayton blog
    Johnson to the Dolphins? Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson continues to push for a trade, possibly to the Miami Dolphins. He is trying to angle for a new contract but even that appears to be unlikely at the moment.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    You just don't like Chad's grill :D
  3. WoodysGirl

65,092 Messages
    4,017 Likes Received
    I don't mind KD's various gold teeth, so CJ's wouldn't be an issue. Just think it's stupid he only puts it in on game days.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    WG only goes for the good-looking ones

so shallow
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chad Johnson is the T.O. of that team... TJ is the Terry Glenn of that team... I'll take Chad Johnson over TJ, just an opinion.
  6. WoodysGirl

65,092 Messages
    4,017 Likes Received
    Jealous?

Nothing wrong with an opinion. And any other year, wouldn't be a question about Johnson. 2007 was all TJ. I wasn't impressed with CJ on field nor was I impressed by his attitude this year.
  7. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,162 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I would do it in a new york min
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,141 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    drugs.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    maybe
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,946 Messages
    3,390 Likes Received
    He had a down season. The offense never really got going like most thought it would. When it did, it seemed like TJ was getting all the TD's. With his production suffering and the losses mounting his attitude understandably went south.
  11. Taz

Taz New Member

639 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    while i doubt we trade with the cards the thought of AZ and "playoff contender" is :lmao: :lmao:
  12. Taz

Taz New Member

639 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    but we have TO the orginal 81 and we are likely to lose TG
  13. HardHittingRoy31

HardHittingRoy31 New Member

463 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chad wants to be traded to Miami, Dallas, Phila, Carolina. This guy is a joke.
  14. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Id have to problem with laughing at him on our sidelines.
  15. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've got a better idea. Let's give'm our uninspired safety and tell them to keep Ocho. :D
  16. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,945 Messages
    1,466 Likes Received
    Agreed.
    Montana was a second-stringer to Steve Young when that trade was made with the Chiefs. Before he got hurt, I would've agreed with you, but second-stringers, even future Hall of Famers, are not 'untradeable'.
    From http://www.nba.com/history/players/abduljabbar_bio.html

Milwaukee returned to the NBA Finals in 1974 but lost to the Boston Celtics, who were led by 6-9 center Dave Cowens and a stable of guards who proved too quick for the 35-year-old Robertson. "The Big O" retired after the playoffs, ending the Bucks' string of division titles. The team plunged to last place in 1974-75 with a 38-44 record.

Despite his phenomenal success in Milwaukee, Abdul-Jabbar was unhappy due in part to the lack of people who shared his religious and cultural beliefs and wanted out. He requested that he be traded to either New York or Los Angeles, and Bucks General Manager Wayne Embry complied, sending Abdul-Jabbar to the Lakers in 1975 for Junior Bridgeman, Dave Meyers, Elmore Smith, and Brian Winters. The second Abdul-Jabbar dynasty was about to take shape.
  17. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I can't believe people here are actually against CJ coming to dallas!!:eek: :eek:

Talk about stupidity...No offense but you are probably the same people that said you will never support T.O and now look at you.

T.O on one side and CJ on another..what else can you want...PLus giving away RW..Heck yes in a heart beat!. Not that it will ever happen.
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,327 Messages
    2,052 Likes Received
    The problem fellas is the cap. For the 1 millionth time, WE CANNOT TRADE OR RELEASE ROY. We are talking $7 mill goes puff. We would barely have enough to sign our picks with. Now we have free agents to pay, you remember Hamlin and Flo are both UFA and Barber is a RFA.

We cut Roy and Flo and Hamlin both walk, who is in favor of that?

We have not even started discussing what we would have to pay Ocho Cinco. You think he is going to be happy making less than TO? I dont think so.

I am not trying to be a kill joy here, but these proposals of trading Roy for CJ and cutting Roy to franchise Hamlin are just ridiculous if you actually run the numbers.

Roy is not going anywhere anytime soon, so we better hope Campo can "coach him up":)
  19. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,470 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    what?!?!

look at th stats of each player when chris henry came back. Chad kept his avg, whoseyourmomma disappeared
  20. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,389 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Why is no one else excited that Roy will probably be back ?

Personally I think it's great. :D