1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chances Garrett is fired before/after season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Oct 30, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,520 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Nope. The way things are going he'll be co-gm next year and NFL commish the year after that.
  2. panchucko

panchucko Wait until next year. Zone Supporter

1,898 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    You mean the same fan base that has been screaming for a GM since the 1990's. Jerry doesn't care what the fans want, he will make small changes to please some of them.

I don't think there is a chance in Texas that Garrett gets fired.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,377 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    None during the season. 5-11 record or they quit on him to get him fired after the season. Option three is season ticket holders and sponsors start to bail.
  4. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,756 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    JG is safe, but JJ's Depends may not be.
  5. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,742 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Perhaps if more dramatic mistakes are made. Unlikely though.
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,726 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    If we flatline this year, I think he's gone at season's end.

If we go middle of the pack, I think he gets until middle or early part of next season. He will be fired in mid season next year if things continue.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,592 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I think it will be 1 more till we se this..if nothing happens that is.
  8. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Between -100% and 0%. Sadly.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Kiss of death is when the owner says the Head Coach is not going anywhere. I have seen so many coaches fired soon after the owner or GM makes this claim. :laugh2:

As I mentioned there is always a chance a coach can get fired if things just go competely down the tubes and players just quit on them. Outside of that you hire a HC at least be smart enough to give him the time to do the job. If you are not willing to do that then you are just wasting your time.
  10. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,036 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Unfortunately NONE :bang2:
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,438 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received

Zero. However, Jerry might do something like make Callahan the OC and/or bring in a "consultant".

Also, Jerry might give Garrett less input into Personnel due to the miscalculations on the OLine the past 2 seasons.
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,500 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    :laugh2: The new Mendoza line. I think that it depends on whether players quit on him, or not. So far, they haven't, but a number of the same cast quit on Wade.
  13. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If there is no chance of him getting fired as some say, that illustrates the problem with the team. No accountability for players, coaches, or the owners. What exactly has Red done since he has been here? The WRs cant run the right routes half the time. Felix too slow Jones was returning kickoffs until recently and still the primary back when Murray is out. Look at how well that has worked out. Dunbar at least broke off one kickoff return. Why did they wait so long when it was obvious to everyone?
  14. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,500 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    Same reason we have a vastly unqualified head coach in the first place, I suppose. They too will probably wait too long to let him go even after it is obvious to everyone that he can't handle the job.
  15. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,483 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Garrett shouldn't be fired either before or after the season. Not this year, anyway. The issue of whether or not he should've been hired in the first place is one we can argue, but he should be given three full seasons before any decisions are made about his future.

In the modern NFL, three seasons is enough time to change the direction of a team. Jimmy Johnson took the Cowboys from 1-15 to 11-5 and playoffs in three seasons. Jim Schwartz took the Lions from 0-16 to 10-6 and playoffs in three seasons.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,625 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    JG isn't getting fired anytime soon and he shouldn't be fired. This team is closer then many think and thats fine but JG will get this thing straight real soon. It takes time!! He's doing a helluva job, I'm just glad the frtofc doesn't listen to this fickle inpatient fan base.
  17. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,343 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    The sportswriter Whitlock just wrote, "Jason Garrett is an idiot." :lmao:

How many times do coaches just get that plainly ridiculed in public news? Someone needs to put a copy of it on Garrett's desk.

It would make for a nice press conference question. "So, Jason, what do you think of a sportswriter calling you an idiot?"

"It's a process."
  18. noshame

noshame Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,919 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    The way the fan base is turning off their TVs and with jerry getting booed, I think if we lose the next 2, Jerry will begin running his mouth. Garrett will be on a short leash. If we lose to Cle, that might do it.

However, the defense alone should keep his job safe this year.
  19. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,719 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Unfortunately no chance. I'm hoping at least JG the OC gets fired. I think there is a descent chance for that.
  20. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    there ya go, I knew I was missing something