1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chances Garrett is fired before/after season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Oct 30, 2012.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    The chances of this happening are Slim and None.

Slim just left the area.

Go Cowboys!
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,388 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    Zero percent.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Closer to what? I'm confused. The offense is a mess. How can he clean that up when he created it? A terrific job? :rolleyes:

My only hope for this season either lies in that Romo will pull us out of this thing, or the RHM gets canned. That's all.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,843 Messages
    1,484 Likes Received
    Clean up turnover for one. Hard to believe but Dallas offense ranks 7th in the NFL right now. Granted that does not mean much if you are turning the ball over or struggling in the redzone. vs NY Dallas did convert 3 of 4 redzones opportunities into TD.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Until he is gone or finally figures out the basics of game management our franchise is just going to go down the same path it has been.

It's become more and more clear Wade wasn't the problem.
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    This is obvious!!:rolleyes: The offense is 7th in the league and just scored 24 unanswered pts. They aren't the mess you claim them to be but they definitely need to clean up the TO's.
  7. Doomsday101

74,843 Messages
    1,484 Likes Received
    and getting off to quicker starts. Can't keep putting ourselfs in a hole and try to dig our way out.
  8. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He's bought himself a lot of rope by letting Jerry pull the puppet strings and finish his sentences. Much in the same way that Campo lasted so long. If Garrett starts trying to act like he's running the show or tries to make decisions on his own, he'll be gone in a day or two.

Sigh. The one change that will move the franchise forward just isn't going to happen for a while. The team's an annual Vegas show, designed to sell glitz and make money (and increase the franchise value). The Cowboys are essentially pro wrestling.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Please. You sound like JG or JJ now.

They aren't a mess? Do you watch the same games we all watch, or do you have your silver and blue colored glasses on?

Romo has made this guys career. It's not the other way around. The offense he has been coaching for 6 years is getting worse. It's his Oline and his guys he puts out there. What are you missing? Oh yeah 7th in the league, whipeee, 24 unanswered points, yoohooo! At least we broke 20 this week! We are juggernauts. Give it a couple of weeks....you will understand.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    nobody respects the cowboys anymore. not the coaches, not the players, not the owner, not the stadium. we are the joke of the league now b/c of Jerry Jones.
  11. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Yea I watch the same game as you and have been for 40yrs, I just have a different opinion then you. That is ok, you know. You see it as a mess and want folks fired, I disagree with you. Deal with it!!!!
  12. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

24th in scoring. 29th in rushing. 20th in the redzone. Nope. Not a mess. The process is working smoothy. :laugh1:
  13. Doomsday101

74,843 Messages
    1,484 Likes Received
    No one said anything was working smoothly. redzone and 24th in scoring go hand in hand. Dallas did a better job this past weekend going 3 for 4 vs NY. But turnovers need to come to a halt.
  14. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Been watching them almost the same amount of time and wish you and I both were complaining of what hotel we are going to stay in New Orleans in February. But, I can only go by what I see. I see no progress. I see no one getting better outside of the defense.
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,463 Messages
    1,966 Likes Received
    And #23 in points. Which reminds me, I need to update my sig.
  16. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Don't give up so easily, there's a lot of football to be played..
  17. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    How about Herm Edwards for HC? At least he wouldn't be as dry and programmed as JG. The players I think would like him and most probably he would make players, himself,coaches,scouts and even Jerry accountable. Would not be a dull moment with him.
  18. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Definitely!!!
  19. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This isn't even funny as a joke post.
  20. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Its not like this is some sort of statistical aberration. This has pretty much been the offense since 2008.