1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chances Garrett is fired before/after season?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Oct 30, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Our offense almost scores as many points for our opponents as they do for us. If that's not a disaster then what is?
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    The storm that hit the East Coast, the tsunami that hit Sendei, Japan, the earthquake that hit Haiti,...
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    the slow starts I have to put on Garrett, he never seems to have them ready to play
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,749 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    During the season...............no chance

After the season...........if no playoffs, then its 50-50
  5. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Zero Chance He Will Not Be Fired. There Is No Need To Fire Garrett.
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,749 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received

If everybody is cool with losing................by all means lets keep him.
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,329 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    My first thought is that Jerry gave Rob what he needed this year on D, FA and draft; this offseason, Jerry will give Callahan what he needs for a solid OL and give JG another weapon at RB.

I think he gives JG one more season with a solid D and OL to see what he can do.

However, what not one of us is actually privy to is the locker room. If JG's message has grown stale and his game management has lost the locker room more than we realize, he's GONE. If most of these guys have his back and run through walls for him and speak out for him when the time comes, then he probably stays.

I'd love to hear if Garrett's message is still fresh and building in the locker room.
  8. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,350 Messages
    602 Likes Received
    I fully expect us to have a losing record this season. That being said I feel confident JG will return next year. The question becomes will he still be the OC next year. If he is still HC and OC next year, I doubt I waste time on Sundays watching football. I have said before, I could never root for another team and find little pleasure watching games that I am not emotionally invested in. If he returns as just a HC next year I will watch the team but will still expect them to lose.
  9. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,725 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    not this year, unless they really tank at 4-12. They do seem to be taking a step back.

They are not a playoff team in 2012, just like in 2011 and 2010. Garrett will be gone in 2013 if they dont make the playoffs.
  10. Arik2

Arik2 Member

77 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Losing record... JG will be gone. Book it. No way JJ could justify bringing him back. Dont care what Jerry says during the season...Jerry never tips his hat before firing a coach.
  11. igtmfo

igtmfo Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I always like the Parcells maxim: "demonstrated ability."

How will he do Bill? "He has no demonstrated ability yet. We'll see."

Garrett got the gig out of Jerry's good nature.

Jerry's good nature includes the wasteland of a decade of Larry Lacewell as chief draft advisor. In that decade-plus, the dregs of our scouts (sorry) who had been retained because the higher paid scouts circa 1992 had been let go, ran things until Parcells came in and replaced them all, or at least he didn't offer the holdovers a new contract so they left in a year or two or three. (Except for one long-time scout, Walter Juliff I think who has somehow survived since the late Landry years. Hail and thanks, Walter!)

Of course, under Jeff Ireland, things weren't perfect - but as a whole, better.

There ain't no perfect in coaching, but there is better.

I still think Callahan despite his flaws would be a hella OC if not HC for us.

As fans, let's not throw in the towel and think "we can't get a Harbaugh" so we should stick to Garrett.

Maybe Stephen should find a "better." There is "better" out there, IMO out at Valley Ranch now. IMO. Would it make a difference? I think so personally.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    You can put it on who you want but guys make way too many mistakes to open games. Be it a fumble on the opening kickoff as Felix did vs the Seahawks or any number of mistakes. It is the game plan and while Garrett is responsible for any and everything being the HC these are still paid professional and I get tired of people acting as if Garrett needs to baby sit them. They have a job to do they need to go do it, you can holler Garrett all you want but players need to execute coach can't do that for them.
  13. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,808 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    It all depends on how the season goes.

I think if we do what we've done so far, there's no chance Garrett gets fired. You don't fire a coach for an average, mediocre performance. You fire one for a horrible performance.

If we tank the rest of the year, and who knows--Romo could get hurt and then we're really screwed--it can happen.

But I think Jerry gives Garrett another shot to prove that he's not just a mediocre coach of a mediocre football team.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Punctuation to the rescue! :laugh2:

I'm not even going to touch the unnecessary use of uppercase. ;)
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    who is the guy who never makes them suffer any consequence for their screw ups? oh yeah Garrett
  16. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Not even a Campo Year (5-11) gets him fired. Jerry thinks he is a couple players away from a SB run.
  17. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Mid season = No chance
    3-13 or 4-12 = Fired
    5-11 = Possibly
    6-10 or better = Back

We have a much better chance of the boy wonder giving up play calling duties than being fired.