1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chances Robert Griffin lasts 2 more years?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by AmberBeer, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,189 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    The thread starter:

NIBGoldenchild likes this.
  2. Califan007

1,189 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    No one said it wasn't a lot of work on one knee.

However, somebody DID say that they questioned if RG3 would even still be in the league 2 years from now due largely because of it.

Unlike fans of other teams, Skins fans follow his injury, surgery and rehab efforts to a mf'ing "T"...we find info, pass it along, discuss it to death, find more info, find even MORE info, have actual doctors and surgeons (they are Skins fans as well, you know) put in their qualified knowledge on the subject, discuss it to death even more, find yet more info...for the most part any optimism we express is due to the above. It's not just blind homerism--sorry, "delusional" blind homerism lol.

What we also end up doing is reading tons of news reports that get basic facts wrong, and then see fans of other teams parrot those wrong facts and then use those wrong fact when reaching dire conclusions. It gets tiring. You'll see tons of news articles say that Griffin is rehabbing from a "torn ACL" but those same articles won't even mention his LCL. From what I've read, RG3's ACL was becoming loose at the bore sites...they did the "re-do" of the graft to make the original reconstruction better. Yes, it's still knee surgery and yes, he'll still need to recover from it...and, yes, it could have a noticeable effect on his speed and elusiveness, at least initially.

But refusing to buy into the insanely dire predictions espoused by fans of other teams does not make Skins fans "delusional".
  3. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    I never said anything about Redskin fans bein delusional. I just said if he keeps playing in an offense like the one Shanahan currently runs he won't last 2 years. You're a little touchy about this whole injury deal. As bad as his knees are, I guess I would be too.
  4. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    It sounds like you are the touchy one here...

As a Redskins fan, I am really looking forward to the season, guys like Fred Davis coming back healthy, hopefully a 16 game healthy Garcon and seeing how RG3 progresses.

If he gets injured he gets injured, its the NFL.
  5. Califan007

1,189 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Sorry, you said we were in "denial" about the seriousness of his injury and surgeries.
  6. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    No, not at all. I find you Redskin fans very entertaining.
    1fisher likes this.
  7. SkinsHokieFan

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    So your lack of facts and being wrong about everything you have posted in this thread is trolling?

Awesome
  8. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Replacing the ACL for a second time is what would concern me the most. 6-8 months doesn't seem like a long time for it to completely heal. But what do i know.... mine was only replaced one time.
  9. SkinsHokieFan

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Did you have stem cells used with your replacement also?
  10. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    No need for the attack. I'm just stating an opinion that with Griffins bum knees and Shanahans win at all cost approach to players that Griffin probably won't last 2 years if they keep running the same offense.
  11. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    No it was not an option at the time. Did Griffin have stem cells on his first reconstruction?
  12. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I say 90% or better he is still playing at a Hall of Fame level after two more years
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    o_O
  14. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,898 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    There was a dispute as to whether it completely tore or if it was just a partial tear + what ever damage was left from the first time. Personally I don't think it was a complete tear
  15. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The tear is not what is concerning to me. Having to graft a piece of patellar tendon from the left knee to replace the replaced acl in the right knee is. They have to drill a hole through the femur and tibia...i think... and thread the graft through that hole. The graft is then secured with screws. It is my understanding that the graft and bone over time will bond together and there should be no slack in the joint.
  16. SkinsHokieFan

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    An article from back in January

I have no idea if he had stem cells used back in 2009, there are lots of reports that Andrews used stem cells in the most recent surgery but no actual confirmation from Andrews

http://bramelsecondopinion.com/2013/01/09/whats-ahead-for-robert-griffin-iii/

17. SkinsHokieFan

2,241 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Based on what Rich Campbell, a reporter for the Washington Times who covers the team, said on the radio yesterday, the patellar graft taken from the other leg was used for the LCL, and the ACL was re-grafted or "tightened". His previous 2009 surgery was cleaned up. So to say he's coming back miraculously from a torn ACL is not correct.
  18. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I don't think i ever indicated he had a torn acl except when it was initially torn in 2009. I read where the acl was replaced not tightened. Ive never heard of using a patellar graft for the lcl....interesting!
  19. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Responding to the OP, I would estimate a 95% chance RG3's career will last at least 2 more years.
  20. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,754 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    Hi chances are for two year is 50/50. More than that is low. He will be the Bo Jackson of this generation.