1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Changes that I think will take place

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boys122, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yes, Jerry is mad as hell but when the dust settles he'll keep Jason Garrett around. I do believe Jason will be stripped of his play calling duties and we hire a guy like Norv Turner to be OC.

It's the only way Jason keeps his job and is able to learn on the job. He's not ready to handle both head coaching and play calling duties. I also believe we find another QB coach or Norv Turner handles both the OC and QB coaching duties.

I don't see any changes on the defensive side of the ball coaching wise because of the fact we had so many injuries and Ryan did a good job with the cards he was dealt. Address safety and defensive line in the draft and we're good player wise.

As much as I want change it's not always the answer so I'm prepared as a fan to go on with Jason Garrett. I hope he gets it but it isn't gauranteed. If we go 8-8 again in 2013 you can bet Jason Garrett will be gone in 2014. This has been waying on my mind all night and this is the way I see it.
  2. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Not sure garrett will give up play calling.
  3. Boys122

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I know Jerry likes a coach who can handle both duties but Jason won't have a choice in this matter. It's clear he's struggling with both right now.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,934 Messages
    5,591 Likes Received
    Callahan's the offensive coordinator.
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,718 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    I agree JG will not be the OC next season.

It appears to me the guy has very strong organizational skills, understands what makes a good football player and probably works very hard. However, he seems incapable of making adjustments on the fly and very average at clock management. The ladder can probably be fixed by relieving him of a major responsibility.

Problem is, I don't think Norv is the answer to the OC issues.
  6. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Why do fans want to keep recycling coaches from Cowboys past?
  7. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,480 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Yes please hire a OC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,931 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    Nothing will change.
    And I'm not sure if that is good, bad or indifferent.

JJ has the reasoning that too many injuries, and he may or may not be right. It's really hard to say. I say it's not the entire reason or an excuse. The issues with this team were there before the injuries accumulated. Even during TC, they were there, but it was an excuse even then not to address the issues.

Hopefully they will address these issues better. We as fans can sit here posting our opinions, it's not like they need us to tell them anything they don't already know.

We can just sit and wait and watch, and each of us will agree or disagree withe their moves.

They may sign, draft, keep, release a player you make like or dislike, but I may dislike or like. That's what this forum is for. But in the end, hopefully that player is right for the team. So far, seem the OL moves shown they weren't right. Even though I thought they could be, but wasn't 100% it was. Turned out it wasn't a good year even for the players we all thought would be better.

So regroup, see what what happens is all we can do.
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Before last night I was of the belief that Jerry would keep JG for sure. But after seeing how he came out of the gate mentioning the coaching situation before the first question was asked I'm not so sure.

This team lacked preparedness, discipline and accountability. We all know Jerry isn't a "football" guy but tries to act like one. Well, even if he has the least little bit of football wherewithal he would be looking at other solutions.

He failed to get the Oline under control, he never had them where they played at a consistent level, they were always up and down. And worst of all as the HC he had very poor game management. That is what he is supposed to excel in, knowing the game.

I think right now it's even money that JG stays or goes. And I bet that if Jerry's phone rings and someone like Cowher or Gruden is on the other end Jerry fires up the jet and takes a meeting with them.
  10. Boys122

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You know damn well he doesn't call the plays. He helps Jason gameplan the offense.

I know you already know this. Garrett won't call plays next year. Book it.
  11. mr.jameswoods

mr.jameswoods Active Member

3,678 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't think any changes will happen. What will happen is Jerry will try to improve the offensive line and maybe acquire another running back to improve the running game. Jerry still thinks his formula is the right one but just needs to address the weaknesses on the team. I would say 75% of Cowboy fans probably agree with this strategy versus trading Romo and hiring a new head coach.

It makes no sense that Jerry would demand Garrett not call plays since Jerry feels that Jason is a genius and wants to take advantage of that.

I think Jerry would have fired JG in favor of Sean Payton but I don't see him making those changes for any other coach including Cowher and especially Gruden.
  12. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Wrong thread.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    The focus of the O needs to be taken off of Tony Romo. He can be a stat machine, but he's also a detriment to the team.

We need to go back to what Parcells was preaching ... drive the bus and don't mess up. A bus driver at QB may have won the game for us last night.

We can't live and die by one player. That's why the running game is so important. Look at what the Skins did to us. 300 yards on the ground. 100 yards passing.

Murray is not the answer. He's hurt more than he's on the field. We don't need to invest a top round pick on a RB ... but we need to address the position.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,160 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I hope you're right and I hope we don't hire a Norv or Cam Cameron type.

It's time for that style of offense to dwindle out.
  15. jazzcat22

7,931 Messages
    687 Likes Received

I just love the BOOK IT comments....you are so sure this will happen????

Nothing will change.....no, don't book it....it's just my opinion....
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,160 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I disagree.. We don't need to make Romo a bus driver. We just need a coordinator that can get him some answers on the field when teams try to take away what we do.
  17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    DeCamillis will be gone because he wanted out last spring.

Otherwise, I see very little changing on coaches.

Free well be released, while Austin and Ratliff get restructured.

And Romo gets 5years for about 75 million.
  18. jazzcat22

7,931 Messages
    687 Likes Received

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

I have a strange feeling Free will still be here. Romo will be extended, yes.
  19. TDHND

TDHND Member

568 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Something needs and has to change, but like others have said it's doubtful they will.
  20. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Sadly this franchise is stuck in mediocrity.....