1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Chappelle to Play Rick James in Movie?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jun 11, 2004.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Hunka Hunka Burning BP Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    12,343 Likes Received
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=598&e=2&u=/nm/20040610/film_nm/film_chappelle_dc

Chappelle Gets His 'Freak' On

Thu Jun 10,11:18 AM ET

By Liza Foreman

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Comedian David Chappelle (news) in early talks to play Rick James in a film based on the funk musician's upcoming memoirs, "Memoirs of a Super Freak."

James, 56, best known for his 1981 hit "Super Freak (Part I)," has been working on a book for some time. Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is in negotiations to acquire the rights for a Paramount film.

In addition to his own pop and R&B hits, such as "You and I" and "Mary Jane," James wrote and produced songs for the likes of Teena Marie (news), the Temptations and Eddie Murphy (news). The one-time Navy deserter fell prey to drugs, and spent time behind bars in the 1990s for assault and holding a woman against her will. He suffered a stroke in 1998.

Chappelle, who has impersonated James on his Comedy Central series, "Chappelle's Show," starred in such features as "The Nutty Professor" and "Con Air."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

=================================================

It's a movie about Me...I'm Rick James biatch! :p

2. jamez25

jamez25 Active Member

1,620 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    that would be funny as hell if it were a comedy

3. Skeptic

Skeptic New Member

851 Messages
    0 Likes Received