1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Charlie Casserly - NFL Network

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DBOY3141, Apr 5, 2012.

1. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Caught path to the draft last night and they were talking about Mercilus. Casserly stated he would take him over Upshaw but that he is not better than Kerrigan or Spencer when they came out of college.

Thought that was pretty interesting.
  2. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

319 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I heard the same thing. What really bothered me about Spencer is his commitment to the game. He stated that he packed it in during Wade's last year. Who would even admit that, following the season they had in 2010. Maybe Whitney will fall in the draft. I really don't like the OLB in this years draft. They are either to short or to stiff.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,390 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    Rewatch the GB game that year with an eye for Jason Witten and tell me he didn't pack it in too. Spencer's only mistake is that he is open and honest. I will not condemn him for that.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,485 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Plus he only said that about a few practices after reviewing the tape, not that he quit the entire year.
  5. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

319 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    There were a lot of players packing it in that year.
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,978 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Yep. That's what I was gonna say.
  7. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Active Member

782 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Why is no one talking more about Andre Branch. He was productive, for three years. He's tall, long arms, fast, strong.

The little tape I saw of him he looked very good. Against VT I think it was.

The guy is quietly moving up the boards. I like him a lot in a trade down. He's a little raw, but we don't need him to start this year. Just fill in for Spencer and Ware. Then next year take over for Spencer.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,810 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    I was shocked at the suckage of Witten in that game too. Not like him normally, for sure.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,196 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    Malik Jackson is interesting. 6'5" 285 lbs DT transfer from USC who ended up playing out of position at Tennessee. If you look at his numbers, he has good size. Coples is considered the best DE prospect from a physical standpoint this year. He probably is but when I compare these two, here's what I see.

Coples:

6'6" 284 lbs, 4.78 40, 25 Reps, 31.5 Vert, 9'1" Broad, 4.78 shuttle, 7.57 Cone

Jackson:

6'5" 285lbs, 4.91 40, 25 Reps, 28 Vert, 8'9" Broad, 4.41 Shuttle, 7.38 Cone.

Coples has better 40 time and and Vert, slightly better Broad but take a look at the Shuttle and Three Cone. I would be very interested in what each players 20 time is? Jackson is a guy who could be a 4th round pick. I might take a close look at him.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,283 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    Depends on his burst and quickness. Not really that much interested in 40s for a DT or DE but it means a little. And can he play.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,097 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    a much more critical number for a D lineman is his 10 yard time.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,120 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    Quinton Coples 1.63 10-yard

Malik Jackson 1.69 10-yard