1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Check Out This Meaty Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Jan 16, 2012.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Free agents:

Ben Grubbs - G - Hes very good. Ray rice will be tagged

Cortland Finnegan - CB - When you have a big mouth like he does you can't not show up every week. It'd be too embarrassing. 6 TD's in his career.

Cory Redding - DE - averages a sack in every .25 games started. I feel like he's active. Dont we see him forcing RB's to bounce?

Jarrett Johnson -OLB - he's not a loser is the thing

Michael bush - RB - can't trust Felix

Safety - idk it's a scrap heap . Buy high on Goldson? Take a flier on Shawne me- I mean Laron Landry? June cuts?

Our FA's: Laurent Robinson: I dont care. He's nothing special. Romo could make the next guy in line rich

Trade down once or twice. No details, it's early I'm spitballing.

Late 1st- Cordy Glenn - G - GA - are we that sure he's not better than Decastro? (ducks)

2nd - Whitney merciless DE/OLB - - Illinoise - probably a 4-3 DE but he's extremely productive and doesn't stop. Forced 9 fumbles god we can use that.

2nd - Bruce Irvin - OLB - West Virginia - different player but similar production. Averages about a sack a game and is extremely quick off the edge. Just a different kind of player to block. He would be a really tough guy to adjust to after blocking Ware and jarrett Johnson a whole series.
    Still getting better and learning. Big upside. Like I said, reminds me of Brooks reed. Con: has a very ugly mug

3rd - Kelechi Osemele - G - Iowa State - just as big and powerful as Glenn. Great gamble. Doesn't have the Garrett feel but I'm intrigued .

3rd - markele Martin - safety - the good Cowboys - don't know that much about him yet but another linemen would've been overkill and Ladarius greens gotten played out

4th or 5th - Omar Bolden - CB - ASU

5th or 6th - Ryan Broyles - WR - Ok

Late - Russel Wilson
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,601 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    Other than underrating Robinson, I could live with this offseason - both FA pickups and the draft.

I love the idea of drafting both Whitney and Irvin. Cannot have enough pass rushers.
  3. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In your scenario, I'd go with a CB in the first round. Everything else I absolutely am in favor of doing. I particularly like the Whitney and Irvin picks. I suggested that in another thread, but with different players, i.e., multiple pressure players.
  4. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received

I think what it does is creates more mismatches and chaos for QB's. Even if Spencer was playing to expectations we still need more rushers. Just a larger number of guys that have to be accounted for.

I especially love the mismatched combo of Bruce Irvin to pair w/ the longer pass rushers
  5. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,659 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Ehh.

Just kidding. Not a fan of Mercilus though.