1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cheer for the vikings!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Upstate Ny Cowboys Fan, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Upstate Ny Cowboys Fan

Upstate Ny Cowboys Fan Member

40 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    One of the best things that came from our victory over the Saints is now the Vikings need to keep winning. If the Vikings win out and the Saints lose 1 game the Vikings would have home field throughout the playoffs. Guess who the Vikings play at home on the last sunday of the year? You guessed it, the Giants! If we had lost, the vikings most likely would have been resting key players that last game. Now as long as they win the pressure stays on the Saints to keep winning. They both play at 1:00Pm eastern the last sunday, so they should be playing to win. Beat the Redskins and our chances to make the playoffs even with a loss to the eagles is pretty good.

Just my observation :)
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,346 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Why root for the Vikings when we are mathematically still alive for the 2 seed? :cool:
  3. Sandman52

Sandman52 Member

598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't wanna give them a reason to tank in the season finale against the Giants.
  4. Upstate Ny Cowboys Fan

Upstate Ny Cowboys Fan Member

40 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Not probable that the vikings lose there last 3 games. Root for the Vikings! it provides another option for help if needed. Hopefully we don't need it.
  5. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    how about ROOT for the COWBOYS to win-win-win-win-win-win these next 6 games and that's all that matters buddy! If this team is good enough they don't need help and they will do it on their own, if they lose.. they don't deserve squat. I believe in this group of guys to win the next 6 games
  6. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We're not getting the #2 seed.

Root for the Vikings, so they and New Orleans continue to have to play for the #1 seed and maybe risk some injuries and maybe Minny knocks the Giants out of our way.
  7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,233 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Even if the Vikings lose tonight, if the Eagles win next week then the Vikings will have to go for the win against NY just to maintain their #2 seed.
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,346 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Good point. Root for Carolina! :laugh2:
  9. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not just no but hell no...I hate them, I hope they lose every game for the rest of the yr
  10. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I root for the Vikings because we are watching a legend play football. Most legends watch games on the sidelines in suits and get honored at halftime.

Brett plays football.

It really is an amazing thing. I'm 40 and was like 19 or 20 when he came in to the league.
  11. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sounds like you went to the John Madden/Al Michaels school of nauseating worship of Favre
  12. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,335 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  13. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,335 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    is it me or does adrian peterson suck. 35 yards tonight.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,968 Likes Received
    I cant believe this game is already in the 4th quarter.

Minny is about to lose.

Good thing for Favre he will be in the domes in the playoffs.
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,761 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Go Panthers
  16. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,761 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    unfortunately, Minnesota plays Chicago next week....but I am hoping that the Bears will be primed to play spoiler to the Vikings hopes of a 2nd seed.
  17. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

650 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    How do you not double or triple cover Steve Smith when playing the Panthers? He is the only offense they've ever had. Stop him and you win.
  18. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I guess?

I just like the guy...he's been a part of NFL sunday for half my life. Once he's gone, he's gone...and I get older, too. As long as he plays I think, you know, I ain't so old.

Of course, if we were to meet him in the post season, I hope the old geezer's arthritis starts acting up. :D
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,785 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    Well, it looks like the Cowboys will have to do this the hard way and win out.

Actually, that's the way it should be.
  20. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,926 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Again, the Vikings will still be playing their starters on week 17 for the right to have a first round bye. If they don't, they could potentially lose that to the Eagles.