1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chiefs are completely tanking for Geno

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by juck, Nov 28, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Its obvious now by the way they play. On a 3rd and 2 they pulled a reverse flea flicker and tried to hit the qb and missed. it was comical. I think thats bull that a team can just tank. I guarantee they change the draft rules eventually to stop this.
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    You're telling me if we were 1-8 you'd hate it if we wen't 1-15 for guarantee #1?
  3. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    They won't change the drafting.
    You think they want a lottery like the NBA ? haha. Not going to happen.

And face it they suck anyway...but the player you mentioned is not worth the #1 to me.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    What makes you think Geno would be the 1st overall pick in the draft?
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Cause he is the best QB in the draft and KC needs a QB.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    They're not changing any rules.

The Chiefs suck. Them trying some sort of trick play on any down is just them sucking.
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Yeah a lottery like the NBA is just what the NFL needs :laugh1:

The NBA lottery is so fixed it's not funny
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Tanking to get an Air Raid college quarterback?

Yup, sounds like something the Chiefs would do. Good luck with the next Tim Couch.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,820 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    He may be the best QB in this draft, but this draft looks to me to be very weak for QBs. I'd be very leary of drafting a QB in the 1st rd of this draft, especially with a top 15 pick.

And there are going to be a lot of QBs with experience possibly being available this year according to rumor. Seattle's Flynn, Miami's Moore, NYJ's Tebow, SF's Smith, Az Kolb and Skelton, Buffalo's Fitzpatrick, and Philadelphia's Vick to name a few. I also think Carson Palmer gets the axe in Oakland.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    Team has no choice but draft a QB number one to give the fans of the franchise hope so they buy tickets and gear. Geno Smith is no Andrew Luck or RG3, not close. Better than what they have? Eventually. Of the senior QBs I'd say 1) Geno 2) Tyler Wilson 3) Barkley 4) Jones 5) Dysert 6) Manuel. My point is tanking for QB this year not worth it.
  11. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Does the NBA drafrt not matter your record? Like do they just randomly draw and whoever got picked gets to draft that pick?
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok if the Lottery was so fixed how did San Antonio get Tim Duncacn if it was fixed the Boston would have gotten him. Their are very few teams that drive rating in the NBA they are LA, Boston and NY.

Those guys had been in the lottery for years and never won the lottery if it was fixed those guys would have gotten a #1 pick
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It's a weighted lottery or so they say. The team with the worst record gets the most ping pong balls while the lottery team with the best record gets the fewest. There are other factors but I don't know them all but I still think it's rigged.
  14. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you make the playoffs you are out of the lottery then depending on your record you get so many ping pong balls in the tub to have a weighted ratio. If you just miss the playoffs you have like a 1% chance of getting the top pick and your odds go up from their.
  15. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well, I have never been a fan of rewarding mediocrity and punishing success in any form at all and I know the NFL isn't going to change the draft rules but they should.

I have said they should take the lowest 5 teams and let them have the picks 1-5. Then everyone else goes in the hopper and draws. If the Super Bowl winner gets pick #6 so be it.

I mean the difference between the 6th ranked team and the 12th ranked team is mostly so small that making the 12th ranked team wait 6 picks just because of a 1 game difference in records one way or the other makes no sense.

We've watered the league down so much over the years that we are looking at the real possibility that at some point a team with a losing record could make the playoffs. Parity sucks sometimes.
  16. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No they're not, those guys are playing for jobs, what do they care about the greater good of the franchise? But I bet the Chiefs wish they were this bad last year and could have locked up Luck or RG3
  17. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    The fact they don't broadcast the actual drawings, but instead, show a bunch of representatives of the lottery teams waiting to hear the results absolutely screams "FIX!!!"

I have yet to hear any reason from David Stern why the draft is conducted behind closed doors.
  18. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,205 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    Weighted lottery or weighted ping pong balls?
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    I think given the right situation, Geno will be a good NFL QB, .. but I would much rather the Cowboys get Tavon Austin.

He is great on the field and off, .. great kid, great leader, .. a winner.

A playmaker when you need a big play.

He is special.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    Some say Geno won't even go in the top 10, some even say later than top 20.

Howver, I do notice that Walter Footbal does have him number 1 right now.