1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chris Boyd

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by packpitts, May 11, 2014.

1. packpitts

packpitts Member

90 Messages
    13 Likes Received
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    He sure didn't make the correct decision in a tough position. But it doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy. His teammates were.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    According to this detailed report Boyd played a role in trying to cover up (but not perpetrate) the VERY poor choices of his teammates during the summer of 2013. Subsequently, he was dismissed from the team and didn’t play a snap for the 2013 ‘Dores. It sounds like they panicked and contacted him for advice. I’ve recently been a college student and spent three years coaching undergraduate leaders, so I know how they behave when things go wrong. Let’s hope that the fact that Boyd has been cooperating with the investigation shows that he has learned from his mistake.

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2014/0...-the-2014-nfl-draft-vanderbilt-wr-chris-boyd/
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    Thank you
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    Apparently his teammates were involved in a possible rape and he tried to help them cover it up. He was kicked off the team and missed the entire 2013 season

Not surprised he went undrafted
  8. packpitts

packpitts Member

90 Messages
    13 Likes Received
  9. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,848 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Big mistake by the kid, but hopefully he learned his lesson from it and moved on. Sucks that his teammates drug him into that mess to begin with.
  10. packpitts

packpitts Member

90 Messages
    13 Likes Received
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I really Wished that on these player highlight films, especially for WRs, they would focus on the WRs. Too many show the QB and cut to the WR but that doesn't really help you with evaluating things like release, how well they use their hands, route running, how well they get in and out of cuts, just all the things that go into evaluating a WR. Also, show WRs in the run game. Show me how they block down field. So important in evaluating a WR.