1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chris Canty on T.O.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Control, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Control

Control Benched

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate to break it to you, but Jerry Jones SAVED $6 million in a rough economy when he made this move. They have $680,000 less cap space than they would have had to work with if he were still on the team, but that's pretty much inconsequential, and rumors have been circulating for a while that Jones was somewhat cash strapped now that he can't find a naming deal for the new stadium.

Heck, Darren Woodson said BEFORE Owens was released, "I think if the economy were better, Owens would be here."
  2. Next_years_Champs

Next_years_Champs New Member

833 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey break it to me it doesn't bother me in the least, but answer me this, Did Jerry Jones eat 9 million in salary to a player who is no longer on the team? And did he not just yesterday sign a player for several million dollars?

I have no doubt that JJ is cash strapped, he is building a billion dollar stadium. Yet he absorbed millions in lost salary by cutting TO. I'm not buying for a instant that this was all based on finances.

Frankly I believe what Jerry said in his statement. He has decided to go in another direction with this team. And also to serve notice to all the players that marching to your own drum will no longer be accepted in this locker room, That is a statement that needed to be made. Will it mean more victories next year we will all have to wait and see, but if the inmates are no longer running the asylum I'm all for it.
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    The moment we win a playoff game. Every loos this season is going to be because we didnt have TO in some posters minds.
  4. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Makes you wonder how many "BAD TEAMMATES" won a playoff game...
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    It's the typical hypocritical action. If all of the players were saying how tough it was to even lace up their cleats next to TO most everyone on here would be all over it as gospel. It is what it is.
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,082 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    I think he's just looking to the future even if we'd kept TO how much longer would it last with TO already being 35. I think Jerry like most people realize that we're not going to do much next year and we might as well start getting the younger guys some actual playing time and prepare for the future
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    This makes the most sense. I just hope the future doesn't mean another decade plus of nada.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Methinks Jordan is still hanging around...
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,494 Messages
    1,135 Likes Received
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Its looking more and more like Jason Garrett was the guy leading the Get Rid OF TO brigade.
  11. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,082 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Then it's his *** if he screws up again, no one to blame if he can't get the job done next season
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Then why give him a 4 year deal?

Why know that you are going to cut a guy who is going to produce at a high level but instead you decided to pay him 9 mill to play for someone else next year?

If this was a strategic move in any way than it was ********.
  13. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,782 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    There were a bunch of Israelites who thought Absalom was a great team mate. :)
  14. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,220 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    I think so to. Control any one?:lmao:
  15. Dave_in-NC

12,220 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    Hmmm we need to come together as a team. Name one other player that would prevent that from happening in the Cowboy, Eagle or SF locker room.

Talk about stupid. It's ok though Jordan.;)
  16. MWILL

MWILL Fear the Afro

952 Messages
    0 Likes Received

It will end in the 2011 season.

No Joke, so enjoy it while you can. ;)
  17. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Uh, yes... The media is what dictates the perception of the Cowboys. It was the very media that caused Jerry Jones to actually call in a local radio station to defend himself after Dan Reeves left the organization. It is the same perception that made Jerry forgo drafting Randy Moss and get Greg Ellis instead.

Jerry has just spent billions on his stadium. He is in the middle of marketing it and seeling rights to the team. It is all about perception, which is going to hurt him in the long run. Jerry wants next year's focus on the beautiful new stadium.
  18. RoadRunner

RoadRunner New Member

2,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I've seen several quotes by named players recently and they were unanimous in support of TO.

I have only seen one report that didn't like TO, but that was a quote that was anonymous so it may or may not be true.

Its pretty clear that Owens never did anything in Dallas to warrant what happened. It was an invention by the media from day 1 in Dallas. They just had to keep harping on the guy for three years till even Jones couldn't take it any longer.
  19. Dave_in-NC

12,220 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones who owns the Cowboys? Okie dokie.
  20. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Basic economics... Jerry lost 9 million whether he kept TO or released him. It was a sunk cost. He still had to pay out a 5 or 6 million dollar roster bonus for TO if he wasn't released, so the figures would become close to 15 million in dead money. And the Redskins layed off countless employees just recently, despite being valued at close to a billion dollars because Dan Snyder. Just because Jerry is building a billion dollar building doesn't mean he isn't cash-strapped, especially in the context of the credit industry. Jerry didn't pay out the full stadium by himself, it is financed. He has creditors to pay. He has perception to worry about and he has suites to fill.