Chris Cornell Has Died

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by mattjames2010, May 18, 2017.

1. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

7,682 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Trouty likes this.
  2. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,236 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Great singer. RIP Chris.

Trouty likes this.
  3. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

4,334 Messages
    4,111 Likes Received
    I was never a fan of grunge othet than Alice Chains if thats considered grunge. This guy was a fantastic singer and really appreciated his talent.

4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,393 Messages
    5,983 Likes Received
    Must've been a bad set.

Melonfeud likes this.
  5. trickblue

trickblue Not Old School...Old Testament...

30,390 Messages
    1,616 Likes Received
    Too soon...

JoeyBoy718 and kimrose like this.
  6. chagus

chagus Well-Known Member

997 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Terrible news. Very sad day. I haven't heard any soundgarden, solo stuff or audioslave. I just can't right now.

haleyrules likes this.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

14,258 Messages
    14,358 Likes Received
    Trouty and haleyrules like this.
  8. mattjames2010

7,682 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    Luckily Eddie Vedder seemed to have lived quite a clean most of his life. So I don't think drugs will be a problem for him. I can't speak mentally, because I never expected Cornell to go out the way he did.

But I still think Vedder will be with us for another 30-40 years.

Zordon likes this.
  9. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,654 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Chris Cornell was my favorite singer/musician of all-time. One of the greatest rock voices in history. I was fortunate enough to see him live many times with Soundgarden, solo shows, and with Temple of the Dog. He was so incredibly talented. His voice was unreal. Aside from being a legendary singer, he was an excellent guitarist who wrote songs with unique, creative lyrics. When you go through the catalog of Soundgarden, Audioslave, his solo material, and Temple of the Dog, you realize just how brilliant and gifted he was.

I'm pretty devastated by this loss. These past few months have been awful. Obviously they are all on different levels of importance, but I lost my dad, my favorite musician passed away, and my favorite player (somewhat unexpectedly) retired. Family, music, and sports are big parts of my life and all three of those events were very meaningful and difficult for me. Just sucks. You never know when things that are important to you will suddenly be taken away. Really try to appreciate what you have every day, because life is short.

R.I.P Chris Cornell, your music has touched the lives of millions and it will live on.

10. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

1,469 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    :lmao2::lmao::lmao2:
    Look, he took himself out!
    He's regulated to the " unfulfilled attention whore"
    Category in my book.

Ranching likes this.
  11. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

8,923 Messages
    6,748 Likes Received
    Cobain was murdered.

Melonfeud likes this.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Not Old School...Old Testament...

30,390 Messages
    1,616 Likes Received
    Yep... that documentary was VERY damning to Courtney Love...

Melonfeud and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  13. mattjames2010

7,682 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    What a really silly thing to say.

JIMMYBUFFETT likes this.
  14. mattjames2010

7,682 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
  15. Melonfeud

1,469 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    In your opinion, you already know mine,although it's tragic he played his final solution card for a temporary problem, after reading that detailed report posted here with what his closing set was I stand unapologetic in my statement.

Ranching and haleyrules like this.
  16. mattjames2010

7,682 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    You don't have to apologize, just realize what you're saying is completely silly and that you don't really understand suicide and depression. As long as you are aware of that, fine.

And seeing as how he may have had a bad reaction to benzo's, it's not exactly like he set out to kill himself. It was a simple trigger that caused suicidal thoughts, which is a downside to prescribed meds. The particular kind he was taking, at his age, your first year taking it can have relatively higher chance of causing depression.

I just didn't see the point in your comment, especially since you and I don't know the full situation, what was going on in his mind, what triggered him. Your post just wasn't well thought out, if there is anything we get from this, I just hope you educate yourself more here.

MonsterD, BIGDen and JDSmith like this.
  17. Melonfeud

1,469 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Your right in the part about me " not understanding suicide " cuz' I damn sure don't! But what I do understand is that the warm and fuzzy enabling Sympathy's being bestowed upon Chris are nothing more than a coping mechanism utilized by those that are crushed/ distraught by his selfish action,,, so, save your breath passing your enlightened opinion concerning this matter onto me.

Ranching, Trouty and haleyrules like this.
  18. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

7,912 Messages
    20,027 Likes Received
    Yeah. Too bad.

Melonfeud, Ranching and Trouty like this.
  19. mattjames2010

7,682 Messages
    5,262 Likes Received
    LOL who is enabling?

People are simply pointing out, you don't know what is going on in his mind. When you state "I damn sure don't", when it comes to understanding, maybe that is a clue to stop and educate yourself? As for "coping", I'm not entirely sure how any of this outcome can be a "coping" mechanism. If he was depressed and killed himself, that's tragic. If he had a bad reaction to his medication, that's tragic as well. Neither of these are good things.

Unless you mean we should all just call him a selfish ******* and move on. Okay tough guy, you can do that and that's your right. The rest of us will do our best to get down to the root problems of mental health issues.

JDSmith likes this.
  20. Melonfeud

1,469 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    ,,,,,, ,,,,, ,, ,,,,,, .