1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chris Johnson to Fantasy Owners: ‘I didn't ask any of u to draft me’

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by big dog cowboy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,549 Likes Received
    CHRIS JOHNSON TO FANTASY OWNERS: ‘I DIDN’T ASK ANY OF U TO DRAFT ME’

By Ross Jones, FOXSports.com

Chris Johnson’s fantasy owners can moan and groan all they want, but the Titans running back doesn’t want to hear it.

Johnson, who finished with a stat line of 21 yards on 15 carries in the Titans’ 38-13 win against the Jets, was served a heap of blame from his unhappy followers after his performance.

The sixth-year running back sent a message to his followers after the game, saying that getting the win (opposed to padding his stats) is the only thing that matters.

“Public service announcement: I can care less about fantasy football,” Johnson wrote on his Twitter. “Key word fantasy. As long as we win I’m happy. I rush for 200 n lose y’all happy

Read more: http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/chris-johnson-to-fantasy-owners-i-didnt-ask-any-of-u-to-draft-me/
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,381 Likes Received
    He has a point.

That was a bad game though
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,549 Likes Received
    He has no point. The way he shot off his mouth in preseason about being healthy again and getting 2000 again blah blah blah he hyped his own FF value. To come out and make the statement he did today just makes himself look bad.
  4. DFWJC

23,507 Messages
    2,381 Likes Received
    Well...I say he does have a point, though I agree he didn't need to make it.

He should not give a flying crapola about fantasy football.
    Chris Johnson did NOT tell fantasy owners to buy him.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I dont blame athletes for getting sick of morons who call them names on their twitter etc after they have a bad game. I love FF as much as anyone but I would never talk smack to some one for having a bad game, that is just dumb.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,081 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    Why on earth would an athlete give a rats *** what some moron says about him on Twitter - of all places??
  7. DFWJC

23,507 Messages
    2,381 Likes Received
    Btw, if anyone had bothered to look at the run defenses Tennessee has faced so far, they may consider trying to by low on Chris Johnson. Not this week, but in two weeks (after the bye and SF) he could really get rolling.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,081 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    I keep hearing this but I ain't buying it - low or otherwise. Johnson is slowing down fast.