1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chris Johnson - would you?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DallasDW00ds0n, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Va_BoysFan4 Life

Va_BoysFan4 Life Member

347 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    My thought is why invest in a RB when we have Coordinators that refuse to run the ball. We may as well stay put. Other than that it would to be fun to see him running with the Star on his helmet. Murray-Johnson would be a pretty good backfield.
  2. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received
    Obviously Johnson is not worth his current salary, but I will say that Linehan got the ball to Bush and Bell early and often. And Johnson has had a lot of success as a pass catcher in the past.
    DallasDW00ds0n likes this.
  3. spook930

spook930 Active Member

439 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I would love to have him.... If used right with Maury, we could have the most explosive offense in the nfl.
  4. BruceCarter54

BruceCarter54 Member

56 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Maury Povich? he our new Head Coach?
    guag likes this.
  5. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,214 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Maury as in the talk show host? ;)
    guag likes this.
  6. DallasDW00ds0n

3,214 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Looks like I didn't have to :)
  7. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,155 Messages
    500 Likes Received
    Why don't we just use the 3rd or 4th to draft a young RB ???
  8. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

245 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    You'd be getting a 1000 yard back - season to season.. He's never done less, you understand that right?
  9. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    so? About half the league had a 1000 yard rusher last year. Its not the big of a feat anymore. Give a guy close to 300 carries and he better get 1000 yards.
    PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  10. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,335 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    A 3rd or 4th round pick is absolutely off the table, will never happen. The guy is about to be cut for crying out loud.
    thunderpimp91 likes this.
  11. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

245 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Your post stated you never know what you're gonna get from game to game, indicating he's inconsistent when in fact he's one of the most consistent running backs in the league was my argument..And it's a huge deal to have been in the league as long as he's been and never done less than 1000 yards a season whether you want to believe it or not.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,230 Messages
    5,471 Likes Received
    How about not bother squandering a draft pick for a position the trainee head coach does not care about?
  13. thunderpimp91

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    And I'm right. Look at his number from game to game last year and he was all over the place. He gets 1000 yards each year because he gets the carries, so yes he is consistently given a big workload. When you look beyond that he dropped his YPC over a half yard from 2012 to 2013, and ranged from 5.6 YPC to 3.9YPC in his career. That's not consistency .
    PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  14. DallasDW00ds0n

3,214 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Wow if 4 yards a carry on an offense without a QB is not good enough then that doesn't leave much room
  15. thunderpimp91

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Not sure what your point is? Shonn Greene had the same YPC as Johnson in the same offense. Dude has over 2000 career touches and is coming off a disappointing season and knee surgery. I don't see how anyone would cough up a 3rd round pick for him.
  16. DallasDW00ds0n

3,214 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    It's a different team with a totally different offense that has no decent QB. I don't see how it's a negative to add a player of his caliber to this offense if the price is right
  17. OILERMAN

OILERMAN Member

346 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The last 3 years among featured RBs he's one of the worst and least productive. 1000 yards is nothing for a 16 game starter who is a featured RB.

What really stands out is two of the last 3 years he barely cracked 1000 and played all 16 games and got almost all the carries. Starting all 16 games and getting the % of carries CJ has had almost never produced less than 1000 yards, it's only been done a handful of times in history.
  18. OILERMAN

OILERMAN Member

346 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He was terrible make no mistake about it. In 2012 two of his biggest rushing totals were 141 yards against the Texans and Bears. In both games the Titans were behind by 30+ points and CJ got 100 yards in the 4th quarter against back-ups. In the Bears game he had an 80 yard TD with like 3:00 left down 38 points. He also lost 3 fumbles in the first half of that game.He had 190+ against the Bills who had one of the worst rushing defenses in NFL history and had just gave up 100yards to 3 different RBs on the Pats in the same game!

That same season he had 7 games were he averaged less than 3 yards per carry and 9 with less than 4 yards per carry.

Football Outsiders had him ranked as like the 40th best RB in the league.

Terrible isn't extreme in the least. I watched every carry
  19. thunderpimp91

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    If the price is right I agree with you. He could be a very good compliment to Murray, and a solid contributor in the passing game. But if Tennessee is asking a 3rd for him I have no problem walking away.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,632 Messages
    5,547 Likes Received
    Brilliant job Mr. Blue Suit.

Why don't you do your job and tells us which teams he likely will go to.