1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chris Rainey

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by VICTOR710, Feb 26, 2012.

1. VICTOR710

VICTOR710 Member

98 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    How about this kid be our new kr/pr ? I know we are stacked at RB , but speed kills.
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,877 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Didn't he run a 4.4 something... when he said he would run under a 4.2??

Why not Jeff Demps?
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Isn'y he projected in the 6th or 7th rd?
  4. VICTOR710

VICTOR710 Member

98 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I saw that he clocked in around 4.3 . as did lamichael James - per his twitter I guess is was unoffical timer per nfl.com was a 4.5 . Also isnt Demps gonna try out for olympics ?
  5. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    It's a trend with those Florida players. Harvin, Murphy, Haden and Rainey were all supposedly sub 4.3 guys, but yet none of them did better than a 4.4 at the combine.

But the 40 is pretty irregardless to Rainey. The guy showed off some insane quickness when he BY FAR had the best 20 yard shuttle, 60 yard shuttle, and 3 cone drill times of the RBs at the combine. He also had the best time in all three of those drills if you throw in the WRs as well. Extremely impressive.
  6. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure that Rainey ran 4.37 both times like lemichael james did. I would take him for a 6th rd draft pick.
  7. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,772 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Demps is giving up football for a career in track. Read somewhere that Demps just ran a 4.1 40 for a track event at Auburn.
  8. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I figure Demps will make his try for a medal in the Olympics this summer, then go back to football...