1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Christopher Nolan to produce ‘Justice League’, Christian Bale to return as Batman?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by StevenOtero, Mar 3, 2013.

1. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,450 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/c...ce-league-christian-bale-to-return-as-batman/

Warner Bros. is reportedly about to put some life into their failed Justice League project. We recently learned that Will Beall’s script has been scrapped, and they were going back to the drawing board. El Mayimbe of Latino Review is back with another huge scoop! According to El Mayimbe, Christopher Nolan’s new role at Warner Bros. is to oversee all developments of their superhero properties. Like he did on Man of Steel, Nolan will “Godfather” and produce the upcoming Justice League movie.But that’s not all…

Last May, Bale to Empire Magazine that if Christopher Nolan came to him with a good story, he’d be willing to play Batman again. The plan right now is to have Christian Bale reprise his role as Batman and join Henry Cavill’s Superman. Warner Bros. feels like their back is against the way… and has to do something huge in order to compete with Marvel’s The Avengers. El Mayimbe suggests that a scene following Man of Steel’s credits could involve Superman finding a “retired” Bruce Wayne, and persuading him to join his “team”. If that happened, El Mayimbe says fanboys would squeal like 13 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert… and I think he might be right!
  2. StevenOtero

6,450 Messages
    413 Likes Received
  3. StevenOtero

6,450 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    http://www.modernmythmedia.com/2013/03/mmm-podcast-episode-110-batman-dream-team-returns/

It is, without question, the biggest story in the history of superhero cinema. Christopher Nolan is in talks to “Godfather” DC on film and produce a “Justice League” movie to be written by David Goyer, directed by Zack Snyder, and star Henry Cavill as Superman and Christian Bale as Batman! The Gentlemen have captured their near-immediate reaction on our latest podcast, but they needed backup. For this monumental episode, we brought backup in the form of Forbes blogger and dear friend Mark Hughes. We’re offering our instant analysis of this news by examining what it means for “The Dark Knight Trilogy,” DC on film, and all of superhero cinema!

Download the show HERE.
  4. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    WOO HOO!!!! :mchammer::mchammer::mchammer::mchammer:
  5. StevenOtero

6,450 Messages
    413 Likes Received
  6. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    It doesn't have to kill the ending of Dark Knight Rises. They could just say that the film takes place between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
  7. StevenOtero

6,450 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    You're right, it doesn't have to kill it at all. ...because even if it takes places after TDKR. TDK Trilogy will still exist.
  8. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Not sure how I feel.

I hated Batman Begins.

Loved The Dark Knight. But I told myself it probably had a lot to do with Heath's performance as Joker which was mind blowing.

I though I loved TDKR. I think I wanted to like it so much I was blinded. I've rewatched it a couple times.. and it's worse every time I see it. There is just so much wrong with the movie =(

I think Heath carried Nolan in TDK.

As for JL. I don't see how you can put together such an epic movie without doing exactly what Marvel did with the Avengers. You have to have movies leading into and introducing the characters, or the movie will just be too big for itself.

Maybe if they toss us a bone in Man of Steel.
  9. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

582 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Yessssssssssss!
  10. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I called this.

All I can say is yessss.
  11. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,518 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    If they are all in then I hope this is true. I'm a huge Nolan fan and love the trilogies but I'll be even more in if Man of Steel is a film on par with the TDK trilogy.
  12. StevenOtero

6,450 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    Hated Batman Begins? :( To each their own I suppose.

Since Art is subjective, you aren't right and you aren't wrong.
  13. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I agree to a degree.

I thought Begins was so so, I bought it on DVD to watch it for the 1st time. I thought TDK was EPIC, and I do think Heath Ledger carried that movie. TDKR was garbage to say the least. I think Nolan is living off of the success of TDK, not to say he is not a great director, I did like Inception, and the movie with Bale and Jackman.

The only think, I can think that would link Superman to Batman, is if they say Superman saved Batman when he took the nuke out to the ocean. Other than that, idk.
  14. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

921 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Memento was his best work IMO
  15. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Yeah I agree. And that'd be a nice way to tie the 2 movies together.

I just didn't like Batman Begins. I don't think it was an "awful" as a movie, just didn't care for the storyline. TDKR I disliked as a movie. It's full of plot inconsistencies and a bunch of plot induced stupidity along with poorly managed characters and storytelling.

What it comes down to I think is I really hate Nolan's version of Batman the character. He doesn't have any of the brains or strategy that Batman should have. I much prefer Batman to be like the one in the Arkham games, or even some of the Batman and Justice League cartoon series.

Batman's intellect is one of his primary features, and the only real reason he can even hang with people in the Justice League. He's supposed to be an amazing detective. Nolan's Batman just seems like an ordinary dude who has money and can fight.

Then there is his voice.. it made me cringe every time I heard it. So so so bad. That voice is just.. not Batman.

His suit and combat style in the Nolan movies were another disappointment of mine. He shouldn't have such a heavy suit, he should be much more agile and have better use of gadgets. Where is the Batarang? The Grapple hook? I know they make brief appearances in one or 2 of the movies, but they are some of his go to weapons. His heavy suit and his slow combat moves combined with his lack of genius level intelligence really turned me off o Nolan's Batman. Nothing like Batman should be.
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I agree with most of this.

I do not think the "realism" of the Nolan Batman films will mesh well with Superman.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,237 Messages
    4,560 Likes Received
    I am all for more comic book movies.

But Justice League?

Really?

Superman and Batman are too played out.

If they want to do a DC Comic Group movie they could have started out fresh with something like The New Teen Titans. Of course that was one of the very few DC comics I read when I was younger but still think it would be better than more rehashed Batman and Superman drivel.

Sure people would not know much about the Teen Titans but it would be much fresher IMO.
  18. mldardy

7,518 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    Yeah I'm with you. I think Begins is the best of the trilogy.
  19. mldardy

7,518 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    Probably. I might go with Inception but it's close.
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,029 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    The most likely result seems that Bale plays the elder statesman, man-behind-the-scenes detective/organizer of the group and JGL plays a Nightwing-type character. Then, in the 3rd act when the **** hits the fan, Bale suits up as Batman and you have full-on Batman/Superman action.