1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Chron - This is the time of year when I miss Joel Buchsbaum and Mike Holovak the Most

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Duane, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    John McClain:

This is the time of year when I miss Joel Buchsbaum and Mike Holovak the most.

I wonder what they would think about how big the draft has become and how much attention it receives. I wonder what they would think about it stretching over three days.

When I started covering the Oilers, there were two draftniks, as they used to be called - Buchsbaum, the NFL editor for Pro Football Weekly, and Jerry Jones' Drugstore List. No, not THAT Jerry Jones.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What, no love for Pete Axthelm or Fred Edelstein?
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Great article there. Pretty amazing that Belichick thought that highly of him.
  4. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Yeah, Joel was truly the Greatest draft analyst in the history of the game. He was scarrrrry good. I read this article a couple of years ago, and was shocked to find out that BB would go over his draft board with Joel. I'm convinced it was Joel that got BB to pick Tom Brady. Furthermore, it's no coincident that since Joel died, the Pat's picks haven't been as good. I think someone posted that Dallas has more starters from the last 5 drafts on their team than the Pats. I think Joel was the brains behind the Pats rise to prominence.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,831 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    There were only 4 people at his funeral and BB was one of them. Considering the way he is, that speaks VOLUMES.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,891 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    wow really only 4 people? is that including his family?
  7. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I didn't have time to read this article. But, the article I read, years ago, stated that, at the time of his death, he lived with his parents. And, his mom would bring him sandwiches to eat throughout the day. Dude never left his bedroom. Just watched film and stayed on his computer all day and night reviewing film. Today, guys that spend all day in their bedrooms watching film, and on their computers, are called pervs. :laugh1: