1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cincy is overrated

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jterrell, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Dallas isn't very good. No doubt they could lose on Sunday and it'd be "par for the course".

All that said, if you take a look at Cincy's schedule you see they haven't really been very good either.

They split with the Browns.
    Lost to the Ravens by 30.
    wins: Giants, San Diego, Redskins, CLE, OAK, KC, JAX
    losses: MIA, CLE, BAL, DEN, PITT

Talk about a cupcake schedule??
    WOW!!!

Ravens and Denver are only two good teams on there. Giants, PITT and Skins are mediocre like us. The rest are really bad teams.

2 wins: KC, JAX
    3 wins: Oak
    4 wins: SD, CLE
    5 wins: Miami
    6 wins: WAS

They have 7 wins over teams with a combined 28 wins.....

I believe Cincy and Dallas are very comparable teams.
  2. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    As Cowboy fans we're really not in a position to start scoffing at other teams wins.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    The Bengals destroyed the Giants.

That is concerning.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Well I don't think anyone believes they're some top team to be feared. They're nothing but a middling team like we are. I think people are concerned only because in our last four games we've beaten terrible Philly teams twice and barely beat Cleveland once, and got killed by the Skins who aren't great themselves.

But yeah, if we could finally play well for once, we should feel good about this game.
  5. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received
    They're a hot team whose greatest strength (the D-line) matches up well against our greatest weaknesses (the offensive line).

While Cincy isn't the greatest team in the league, they definitely look better than we have the last few weeks, despite the wins.

If we get down early, it will be hard for Romo to mount a comeback with pressure in his face all day.

Also, we're pretty banged up, if you haven't noticed. Our defense is toothless and couldn't even stop Philthy's back ups.
  6. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

644 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    They are overrated, we could easily crush them, but they could easily crush us.........both these teams are the exact same. Can win and lose any given week. inconsistent.
  7. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

801 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    :laugh2: that's a good way to put it!
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,928 Likes Received
    I don't think people are concerned because we've won three out of four against good teams, and I wouldn't say the Sk*ns 'killed' us, either. Our fans were so frothy at the losing record after the tough early schedule that they just don't credit the last month's worth of games one way or another.

We actually beat the bad and mediocre teams on our schedule and lose to the good ones. That's what you want out of your 6-6 squad, actually. The only question is whether Cincy is good team or not. I agree that they're about at our level, which means we're probably in for another close game.
  9. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I'm worried, cause the best way to beat this team is to get up early and run the ball once you have a bit of a lead.

Exactly what the Cowboys have NOT been able to do most of the year.

But Murray's back so let's hope the offensive line can step up and make some holes he can run through.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    the four responses said 4 very different things thus proving my point.

there are definitely people ready to call cincy a good team.
    others a "hot team".
    but mostly just better than us.

Why because they've beaten three terribles in a row?

as Cowboys fans we see our own flaws but ignore how other teams win.

Yes, they spanked the Giants. That win stopped a 4 game losing streak. They followed it with wins over Philly level comp in KC, Oak, SD. They are now due for a loss and probably finish about .500 like we will.

why aren't the cowboys a "hot team" with 3 out of 4 wins? because we played bad teams right? so have the bengals.

this is a 3 point line to the home team for a reason. vegas feels the teams are equal.
  11. Ntegrase96

2,804 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received

Maybe we're all jaded... or maybe the Cowboys scraped by 2 really bad teams.

I hate to say style points matter, but they do. The Cowboys beat the eagles twice, the 2nd time was basically against their back-ups, and the Browns took them to overtime.

Our wins were wins (yay!), but they were ugly and could have very well been losses. We've seen what happens when we fall behind a mediocre team like the Redskins... why would it be much different against the Bengals?
  12. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

801 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Close games we won but there were also a few we didn't.......Ravens, Giants, had chances to win with Atlanta. Goes both ways
  13. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    ELI played horrible that game.
  14. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,990 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    I find it laughable that anybody who thinks playing 6 NFC North games and 4 NFC East games is a walk in the park.
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I actually don't think the Bengals which match up very well against Dallas...especially if Dallas can pick up where they left off last week. Their corners, in particular, are going to have some serious issues with Miles and Dez if they play to form. Add to that a healthy Demarco and I honestly think the Cowboys win in what I believe will be a shoot out. It very well may come down to who has the ball last.
  16. ljs44

ljs44 Member

459 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    27- 17 dallas
  17. Ntegrase96

2,804 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received
    I'm not going to touch Atlanta... they also missed two FGs, but you have a point with the Ravens and Giants.

But both of those games were before we lost even more players. (Carter, Coleman, Scandrick for the season)... both of those games we had Ratliff available, and against the Ravens we had Costa and Lissemore in addition to all of those guys... and Costa was HUGE in the Baltimore game.

The injuries, specifically on defense, is why we aren't favorites. We just look like garbage right now.

That's not to say we can't win. The Bengals aren't the Texans or Patriots.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    who has played 6 NFC north games?
  19. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'm usually the last guy to qualify wins becuse I hate when others do it. But you have to acknowledge that their were some very unusual circumstances surrounding that game.

Giants players had their lives seriously disrupted by Hurricane Sandy.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,954 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    We can't crush ANYONE.