1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cindy McCain:“Obama running the dirtiest campaign in American history.”

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    October 8th, 2008 5:21 PM Eastern

The Cindy Mac Attack
    by Mosheh Oinounou

BETHLEHEM, PA - Cindy McCain jumped into the political fracas Wednesday as she questioned Barack Obama’s commitment to U.S. troops in Iraq, including one in particular, her son Jimmy.

While Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin have sought to sow doubts about Obama in recent weeks, Mrs. McCain joined in the mix today and held nothing back in noting that Obama’s vote last year against an Iraq funding bill showed a fundamental misunderstanding of the needs of the troops.

“My son, like so many others, and today like the Palins’ son, have served on the front lines, helping keep peace and helping freedom for other people. I’m a blue star mom, just like Governor Palin is. I’m proud of my sons, but let me tell you, the day that Senator Obama decided to cast a vote to not fund my son when he was serving sent a cold chill through my body,” McCain said in her introduction of the Alaska Governor before more than 8,000 supporters during a rally at Lehigh University. The McCains have two sons in the Armed Forces; Jimmy, a U.S. Marine who served in Iraq last year and Jack who is currently at the US Naval Academy.

Though Cindy has frequently been out the campaign trail she normally stays away from the daily political squabble, save one comment she made in February about being “proud” of her country in response to Michelle Obama.

Obama cast the no vote against the multi-billion dollar Iraq supplemental last year because it didn’t contain a timeline for troop withdrawal. However, Obama did vote for an earlier version of the bill that would have provided the cash for the troops but also would have established a withdrawal timeline (McCain didn’t vote on the earlier bill but advocated the president veto it).

“I would suggest that Senator Obama change shoes with me for just one day, and see what it means, and see what it means to have a loved one serving in the armed forces, and more importantly, serving in harms way. I suggest he take a day and go watch our fine young men and women deploy, get on those busses and leave with a smile and a charge,” she added as supporters erupted in cheers.

While Sen. McCain has refused to discuss his sons on the campaign trail or with reporters as not to politicize them, Cindy has always been more comfortable talking about their military service on the stump. However, Wednesday’s remarks mark the first time she has mentioned their service in the context of a political attack.

Today’s Obama slam also marks her second significant attack in as many days as she told a Tennessee audience yesterday that Obama is “running the dirtiest campaign in American history.”

link
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Talk about clueless.

There have definately been worse. I heard the Kennedy/Nixon campaign was real vicious. Heck, the McCain/Bush Republican Nominee battles in 2000 were extremely nasty and I remember John McCain letting Bush no about it during some of the debates (especially the black love child).

Barack Obama voted against the bill because it didn't have a timeline.

Then, John McCain voted against a similar bill because it did have a timeline.

Also, Barack Obama's campaign is definately going negative but Cindy McCain needs to look at her husband's campaign as well.
  3. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,227 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    Cindy McCain saying "voting against my son sent a chill through my body" when McCain voted "NO" on the same bill was freaking halarius!!!

When the McCain camp got called on it by the media they said that it was a "symbolic vote" and that McCain knew Bush was going to veto the bill anyways.

Yea, I am sure that is a distinction the voters will pick up on.

Cindy got punked by her own campaign, she didnt freaking know McCain voted "No" on the same freaking bill.

No wonder their poll numbers are in the toilet when they are blasting Obama for voting the same way McCain did...............TOO FUNNY!!!!!
  4. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,525 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Cindy makes LensCrafters Supermodel look like a genius.
  5. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What a Maroon!
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,744 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    What do you expect from a pill popping thief.
  7. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ouch. That's harsh.

I heard they said the chill was actually from withdrawal pains after a few hours without the pills.