1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Claiborne 5 Penalties

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by viman96, Nov 11, 2012.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,360 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    Not his best night. Still have high hope for him.
  2. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I remember Patrick Peterson struggling with the same thing last season. Maybe it's because they can be more physical in the SEC? At any rate, he adjusted nicely and so will mo
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,027 Messages
    9,123 Likes Received
    I kept waiting for somebody to go up to him and tell him he was playing against Riley Cooper.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    He doesn't seem to be doing it because he's getting beat, but rather because he's just "handsy". That will get better. A couple were kind of ticky tack -- he doesn't need to get a reputation for this, though.
  5. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,205 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    actually, i wanted to get a discussion going on the holding called on claiborne and scandrick that occurred during press coverage - both times the play was on the other side of the field or away from where the holding was called. And the holding occurred within 5 yards where you are allowed contact.

Bad/good calls by the refs ? and also will rob's defense incur these calls frequently because of the amount of press coverage called.
  6. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,205 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    LOL, i was thinking the same
  7. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    i do watch alot of sec football games and it does seem alot of cbs do get away with hands on receivers more. claiborne needs to work on his hand placement on receivers when he does watch out he will be a corner not to be picked on. he also rookie so teams are testing him alot.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,571 Messages
    1,429 Likes Received
    Not particularly worried about this. If he is still doing it two years, thats another story.
  9. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,720 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    Patrick Peterson is still getting roasted this year.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Part of me wonders if part of the problem is trying to be physical.

In the sense that he was getting his hands on the WR early but really wasn't disrupting much so he either stuck with the contact to try and get the job done or stuck with it because he knew he would give up positioning.

Being physical is great and I suspect he'll improve in that area as he works through an NFL training program and improves on technique but when you are trying to be physical and not really impeding the WR at all, I think this is kind of what you get.
  11. goshan

goshan Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,884 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Scandrick is also handsy.
  12. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Not worried about Mo. He has the mind of a playmaker.
  13. goshan

goshan Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,884 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Looks more like a cover corner than a 'playmaker' to me. But I guess it depends upon your definition.
  14. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received

Watch more closely.
  15. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,179 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    he's been getting away with it all year, that's why he was so shocked it was getting called.
  16. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Mo will be fine. He will be a cornerstone of the secondary for years.
  17. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,205 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    maybe the refs just called a tighter game tonight regarding that.
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,211 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    Not worried about him, he has played half an NFL season. If anything, a game like this will even motivate him further to excel in the future, it is a learning curve.
  19. blindzebra

blindzebra Benched

9,481 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    I personally thought most of them were BS. Especially the one were he held Cooper's hand with his shoulder pad.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    One of the calls was ticky tacky and I don't remember the other well enough. He's going to get those with how he presses but that's him and Ryan's D as well. He's got to learn to chuck harder then get in their pocket. And you can't get caught holding their jersey or arm whatever.