1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Claiborne and Carr

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by brooksey1, Apr 26, 2012.

1. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    The Claiborne pick just improved our defense so much it's scary. Coming in with one of the better run defenses in the NFL to start, the addtion of Carr and now Claiborne makes us a much better football team. Merry Christmas Rob Ryan. Both these corners are great at man coverage which allows Ryan to Blitz at will. Claiborne is a better man to man coverage guy then Patrick Peterson and can lock down the best of them. Hes not a flashy punt returner or big run stopper but a lock down corner...this was a major, major move and reason to celebrate!

Give me a safety, center and a pass rusher with the next three picks and we are home!
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    We need a safety like harrison smith and DL and OL help. Plus depth. There's a lot that need to be done. Losing the second rounder hurt. But Claiborne might just be worth it
  3. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Who is the projected free safety heading into training camp, Ball? Yuck
  4. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I don't fully share your excitement or enthusiasm about it but I hope you are right. Definitely need a c and pass rusher, I'd argue we need a decent TE too and possibly a slot wr
  5. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,328 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    Wrong year...try Brodney Poole
  6. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    i forgot about him
  7. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    people are flipping out about needing a center but these are the same people that mocked Blake to us in the 4th ..patience man