1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Claiborne DROY?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dfense, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    They base those kind of awards on stats, and Mo has only 1 interception. He's not even close to being #3.
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Mo does lead our team at 4 PDs, although really thats not enough to warrant the award cause our safeties combine for only 2 PDs. In comparison, Hayward does have 7 PDs.

I don't think either Mo or Hayward have a chance to win it, they would need some returns for TDs to have a chance and Mo just doesn't have the support back there to put up numbers yet.
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Chandler Jones is DROTY right now. Claiborne won't get DROTY unless he finished with 6+ picks.
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I will say its not over yet, if Mo wants to make any kind of run for it, there would be no better time than Sunday night. Primetime Sunday night football against Julio and Roddy, if he puts up a good game with a TD interception return, that would at least get him in the discussion.

Our CBs against Julio and Roddy will be showcased, so the stage is set if he wants to ball out of control.
  5. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    He won't even need an interception. If he's able to hold JJ/Roddy to a bad game then he's arguably a top 10 corner already IMO.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,139 Messages
    1,153 Likes Received
    For DP's you have to generate turnovers or sacks to get that recognition.
  7. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,941 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    I don't really think he is as much in the running as some of you are saying. To the OP, he isn't our best corner and imo its not even that close. I agree chandler Jones probably is in the lead right now. Read something interesting on him the other day. He has two brothers one of which plays in the nfl and the other is the light heavy weight champion of the ufc. They both said that chandler is the best athlete by a long shot. Wouldn't it have been nice to have him opposite Ware. Can't believe Dennard was there in the seventh and we didn't make a move for him. Those the breaks I guess.
  8. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

282 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    thinkin the same thing. his play is great but the stats get you those awards.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    Chandler may be the best athlete but none of them are badder than Johnny Bones.

The Cowboys have gone extra conservative regarding character issue, and not for no reason. We've been burned in the past.