1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Claiborne going to camp, signed or not

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by skinsscalper, Jul 15, 2012.

1. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,440 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    “I have no idea. I let my agents and those guys handle that," Claiborne told Jimmy Watson of the Shreveport Times. "So far, they seem to be doing a pretty good job,” Claiborne said. “I’ll patiently wait. I’m not in no hurry. You hear a lot of talk about people saying I’m holding out. No I’m not holding out. I’m going to camp signed or not signed. It don’t matter.”

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescripti...ng-to-camp-signed-or-not-signed-/Default.aspx

I like this kid so much!
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,771 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    His agent just had a heart attack.
  3. skinsscalper

5,440 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    No kidding!

:laugh1:
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,298 Messages
    4,460 Likes Received
    RKG? You bet.
  5. Hagman

Hagman Put Niland and Green in the ROH

1,272 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a refreshing thing to hear from a player in this day and age. Talk about the Right Kind of Guy.

The Cowboys have a really good track record under Stephen of getting players signed when camp starts, so I'm sure there will be no problem here, especially with the new rookie cap/salary scale.
  6. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,617 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    He may say he'll be at camp but that doesn't mean he will be practicing. To fully participate in camp practices without a contract would be dumb beyond belief. I'm sure he won't be doing that so they just need to get him signed no matter what he says.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,639 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    Yea I don't hold anything against Claiborne at all for trying to get a contract done. I highly doubt he'd risk injury with no contract though. Its commendable but not realistic.
  8. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bus Cook will just feign ignorance... like he's done before.

Response to the media: "I didn't know he said that. I never read or heard where Mo said anything like that at all." Then something like, "I'll have to give him a call and find out what he's thinking." Yeah, right.

But in reality, we all know he heard it and reacted to it. Probably winced and clutched his chest due to the gripping tightness caused by his heart seizing up... like you said, Hos.

And good for Mo. Love his "want to." He'll probably be talked out of attending Camp before a contract is signed, but I bet his desire to get going will speed things up considerably, so hopefully it won't be an issue.
  9. jchap2k

jchap2k Member

139 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I really like this guy. I think we will not rue the loss of the 2nd rounder at all. Granted I know some would have like DeCastro + another player. (I was in that camp during the draft, but I didn't even think we had a shot in heck at Claiborne, so he wasn't even on my radar of wish list picks)

Imagine... us not ruing....
  10. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,315 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    LSU fan here. This is something I had already expected of the young man. He's demonstrated similar qualities in the past.

What would've shocked me is if he hadn't reported to camp before stating publicly that he would. It would shock the heck out of me more if he doesn't report now. It would be un-Claiborne like.
  11. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree, but the fact that he will already be there shows how anxious this kid is to finally get out there and practice. He has not been able to practice or play against any of his teammates and I am sure he wants to show what he can do.
    I think the Cowboys would be wise to watch him carefully went he does get signed and finally gets to practice. Don't let him over do it in his first practice is what I am talking about.
  12. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,240 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    He can show without a contract and get the stuff like weight in out of the way. He also can attend meetings and watch practice until he is signed. I bet this is what he meant.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    That's why I love the kid as a person.

But Hostile's right.....his agent just spit out his coke.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,888 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    Refreshing!
  15. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,177 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Mad props to Claiborne.:bow:
  16. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,334 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Showing up at training camp to stand around and watch is better than staying at home, but you can bet your last dollar that the kid won't be practicing without a contract.
  17. skinsscalper

5,440 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    You might be right, but you can bet he'll be in the meetings and all over his agents case to get a deal done and do it now. It's a nice contrast from the Michael Crabtrees of the world.
  18. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,757 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    He's got the right attitude, hopefully he's signed and ready to go.
  19. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I'm not surprised about his dedication to getting into camp. He played with torn wrist ligaments and didn't let the coaching staff know so he wouldn't miss any game time. I can't imagine the pain he went through every time he jammed a WR or tried to tackle a RB. That alone showed me he was a tough SOB and will be a great teammate.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    I don't think the league would even allow it but that's besides the point. The fact that that's his mindset tells you all you need to know about the guy's makeup.

I don't know if I've ever seen a player more appreciative of being drafted by the Cowboys.