1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Claiborne out 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Oct 28, 2013.

1. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    You say that in jest but watch how Ponder comes out of this game looking like Joe Montana.
  2. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Can you say 'knee-jerk'?
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,329 Messages
    3,628 Likes Received
    Could have stopped right there.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,504 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    If you look at the rest of our schedule, I think we could be in decent shape.

Minnesota - Not strong Defensively (30th)
    New Orleans - Better (12th) but not overly big on the DL
    New York - Ranked 17th but again, not overly physical on the DL
    Oakland - Ranked 10th but again, not overly physical on the DL
    Chicago - Ranked 27th. Bears are tanking. Massive injuries all along there DL and Cutler is gone.
    Green Bay - Ranked 11th. They could be tough. They have Raji, Pickett, Jolly, Hawk, Jones, Matthews Perry all big and physical up front. Those are the kinds of teams that give us problems.
    Washington - Ranked 29th and not very physical up front.
    Philly - Ranked 31st and not very physical up front either.

All but Green Bay are matchups that our OL can have success against IMO. I am optimistic about the rest of our schedule.
  5. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

397 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't feel better. Our offense has faced terrible defenses already and struggled outside of the Denver game. Detroit is a 26 ranked defense and yet they shut us down. Even Philly held our offense under 20 points and they are terrible defensively. Nothing is a given at this point.
    Smith22 likes this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,512 Messages
    4,750 Likes Received
    Looking at the remainder of the schedule makes that loss yesterday that much more frustrating.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

34,504 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    We play relatively well when our Guard/Center are physically stronger then the DTs they are matched against. We struggle when our interior line can not physically control the opponents DTs. Every game, in fact, where this has happened, we have lost.
    mahoneybill likes this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

34,504 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    You could print that on a slip of paper and put it in a fortune cookie and I would wonder if those things actually did work.
  9. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    You're right but the cap money going to Ratliff, Spencer, and Austin is even worse.
  10. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Not sure how anyone, anyone , could consider any game this team plays an "easy" win. This team is mediocre to bad, if they were in another division they might be 2-6.
  11. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,610 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    The secondary was going to be a house of horrors with any injuries, unfortunately I posted this last week and it happened.

Think we are bad now, giving up 400 yards to half the QBs we have played, it can get alot worse cause our depth back there is horrible. To be honest, I'm not excited about the starters being out there, cause really they have sucked in coverage also.

We got alot of issues on the backend, and it starts with safeties that can't cover Betty White.
  12. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,604 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Time to get Sterling Moore back in here.
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,409 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    That sucks, hes been playing well lately.
  14. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    too bad. he's been playing much better the past few weeks.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    People forget that on that last drive, Dallas had three guys playing in the secondary had never had extended game action.

As for missing Mo Clai; that will hurt in New Orleans.
  16. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,337 Messages
    1,633 Likes Received
    They have been losing games for years that when it is all said & done it comes & bites us in the butt. Games we "should" win.

I guess it's that way league wide but it's always happening to us.
  17. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

391 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    list just keeps growing & growing. Still not ready to wash my hands with Claiborne right now, but this offseason Claiborne needs to focus on becoming a better player.
  18. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    With murray and ware back we should be fine. Carr Scandrick and Webb are more than competent to handle the Vikings.

Ive already chalked up a loss to the saints so we'll be 5-5 into the bye. Right on track for 8-8, a JG firing, and a lovie smith hiring.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,812 Messages
    2,648 Likes Received
    And with his legendary quick healing powers and toughness, I'm sure he'll be back before schedule.
    Alexander likes this.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    I agree with the first part. Never, ever consider any NFL game a gimme. It's usually a true sign of a naive fan if they do. (see Seattle last year and KC this year for two pretty easy examples).

As for part two, that remains to be seen.
    They have no bad losses yet on paper; not saying they did not lose games in a bad way, but that who they lost to and by how much does not say this is a bad team.
    They lost barely to 8-0 KC on the road
    They lost barely to 7-1 Denver
    The lost barely to 5-3 Detroit on the road
    The worst loss right now was at San Diego

Then again, they also have no impressive wins either. Philly seemed somewhat impressive until we got to see them suck vs NY on Sunday.
    New York, Washington, Philly, and St Louis