1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Clayton: Can Tony Romo get a fair dress rehearsal for Dallas?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 22, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,141 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    By John Clayton | ESPN.com

10. Can Tony Romo get a fair dress rehearsal for Dallas? Tight end Jason Witten is recovering from a lacerated spleen. Miles Austin has a sore hamstring. Dez Bryant has knee tendinitis. Kevin Ogletree is probably the best third receiver option, but is he good enough? The interior of the offensive line is banged up.

Jason Garrett's biggest decision is whether it's worth risking Romo to injury or to try to work the offense with a bunch of backups. Garrett had to notice the Patriots making 27 players, including Tom Brady, inactive for Monday's game against the Eagles, a game in which Michael Vick suffered a rib injury.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncamp120821/nfl-importance-week-3-preseason
  2. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    As long as the line is solid Tony should play. He needs game work with these young WR's because Miles is iffy IMO.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    To listen to Clayton, the Cowboys are merely 'camp fodder' for the Eagles and the Giants...:rolleyes:

Dang, since storylines are already played out, even for players...then heck, we should just go ahead and start the season out now...O.K.:eek:
  4. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,804 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Just a few series, generic calls...protect him. They don't need a dress rehearsal....they haven't had a full camp basically, with all the nagging injuries...so hold back on the offense, except the OL....let the defense have their dress rehearsal.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I think how long he plays will be determined by how well the line plays. I doubt garrett will leave him in a long time if the line is not producing. Outside of that I think Dallas will let the 1st unit play 2 to 3 qrts of the game and then 1 to 2 series in the last one.
  6. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,180 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Absolutely. I have no faith that Dez and Miles will be there for us this year. We will need 2 unknowns to appear out of nowhere this year if we are to make it to the playoffs. And that's not a good look.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    Protect your QB first. See how things go- if he is getting good protection leave him in. If not pull him
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Very frustrated w/ Miles Austin. Talk about someone who won't be conditioned to play when game 1 starts.

Wasn't that his excuse last year? He didn't work out right and wasn't really prepared?

Pretty displeased w/ the young man atm. I like Miles but dang. He can't stay healthy to save his life.
  9. Avenger

Avenger Member

226 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Good. I'd rather enter the season as dogs anyway.