1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Clayton Holmes: Yikes

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by bbgun, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As I approached the end of the article, I was looking forward to what I hoped would be some hint of a happy ending. Some sign that he was headed in the right direction. That he was beginning to figure it out. That he had a plan.

It was so disheartening.

He can still turn his life around, but right now, he's headed in the wrong direction. There's only one thing that can fix him, and it ain't scientology, IMO.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,501 Messages
    1,784 Likes Received
    That is exactly why I said I didn't know whether to feel sorry or be pissed off. The cycle needs to stop, but he's not stopping it? I'm more inclined to be pissed off. He's 17 credits from a college degree. You can ride a bike in college. I am sure his alma mater would even give him a job with the team.

All it requires is for him to get off his butt.
  3. goliadmike

goliadmike reader of rue

995 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    James Washington had him on "Out of Bounds" seems last night Clayton called James and they talked for a hour or so and Clayton seems willing to listen to James. I was getting my hopes up for Clayton's future until the end of the interview when he made a comment about scientology. Hopefully Clayton will stay in contact with J-Dub and show him the way to a better future or at least can put him in contact with someone that can help guide him.
  4. kbman

kbman Active Member

1,598 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I was hoping for a positive too, this is really sad.
  5. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's probably pretty easy when you feel like they'd be better off having absolutely nothing to do with you.
  6. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  7. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sad story, but it's really hard to feel sorry for someone that had eveyrthing he wanted right there in front of him, but pissed it away on drugs and strippers. I think the NFL needs to do a better job on helping these young men who come into the league that have backgrounds such as Holmes. The league makes so much money off these guys and they treat them as disposable since they have an endless supply of them coming out of college.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,971 Messages
    760 Likes Received
    Very sad story. Shame it's all to common in life, not just in regards to football players.