1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Clearing The Air With Soccer Fans

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Hostile, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    I know that what I tell you here is potentially not a 2 way street. That doesn't matter.

I hate soccer. No secret there. It does not mean I hate you, think you're stupid, or have any other ill will towards you. I just think soccer is stupid and I don't like it.

I am never going to appreciate the game. I admit openly that some of the athletes who play it can do some amazing things. I just don't care. It is not my thing. Just like some of you may hate country music. It's not your thing. I don't care if someone can rhyme and rap. I'm more impressed by a nice voice or even yodeling or scatting. I listen to music for the singing, not the dancing.

It's about what we like and dislike.

I do not hold it against anyone who does like soccer. I don't care enough to let it bother me. I like NASCAR, golf and baseball. Three sports often brought up when someone doesn't like soccer. I do not care if you don't like them or how they compare to soccer. Hate them all you want. It's your right. Just as it is my right to hate soccer. I am exercising my rights to hate it.

Here's the thing, we don't all have to like the same damned stuff. Love soccer if you want to. It's your life. Dictate how you intend to live it. I am not an animated cricket on anyone's shoulder.

When I bash the sport of soccer you do not need to feel like I am bashing you. There's simply no need for it. Like when I bashed the racism of some soccer fans. If I did not name you publicly, chances are I did not lump you into that crowd. In fact I'd say it is so close to 100% certain that I didn't paint you into that picture, that you got upset over nothing.

It is fine with me that some of you like soccer. I said before if it was up to me that wouldn't be a topic on this forum. I was serious. It wouldn't be. I dislike it that much. But it isn't up to me.

I reserve the right to bash soccer any time I want to. If you respond to me for doing it, I will probably ramp up my attack on the game. It is not an attack on you or what you like. So don't take it as one. That is what I do. I enjoy being challenged and I enjoy firing back.

It isn't personal from my end. It never will be.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

19,696 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    Well said, but you still need to learn to love soccer. I kid, I kid!
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Same here Hostile. However If I have to hear how it is the most popular sport in the world as a reason I need to like soccer I think I will go postal on them. :laugh1:
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,510 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Hos,
    Well said. I understand that not everyone is going to like soccer. I have friends that could care less about the sport but enjoy NASCAR. I, on the other hand, have no desire to watch cars go around a track. I understand that it is becoming of the most watched sport in the US, but like doomsday said about soccer, it doesn't me I have to like it. Just my humble opinion.
  5. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,655 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Not me, I hate everyone that likes soccer.
    /sarcasm
  6. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Hey Hos, as long as it is with respect there are no hard feelings. We are not all the same and you are free to like the sport or not.
    And most of all no reason to "fight" amongst cowboys fans.
  7. Hostile

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    I want to add this. I said before that my hatred of soccer does not spill onto the fans. Here is your proof. My Mom likes soccer. Several times when I went to the hospital to visit her she had the games on. If you think I hate my own Mother you are out of your mind.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    So why do you hate your mom? :p:
  9. Hostile

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Because she likes soccer.

Duh.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,588 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I on the other hand do ....... very much so ........ soccer fans suck ......

:p:
  11. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just seems weird to "hate" soccer. Like that's a pretty strong word. I try not to go around being hateful because it makes you stressed out and miserable. Like, I think NASCAR is dumb and wasteful and pretty much just an excuse for drunken rednecks to be even drunker rednecks, but I wouldn't say I hate it. I reserve my hatred for ex-bosses or crooked bankers like Bernie Madoff. I just don't get what soccer has "done" to earn such a strong response.
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    *Fixed* it. :laugh2:
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can tell you why people hate soccer because if you say you do not like it a % of soccer fan try and tell you how you just do not understand the game blah blah blah. Like I do not know what I like to watch :banghead:
  14. Hostile

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Glad it amuses someone. A lot of effort for nothing if not.
  15. Hostile

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    It isn't at all weird to me to hate it. I started hating it in the 5th grade when they gave me an award as an all star goalie. My sense of gall meter went off and I have never liked it. Then over the years people who do like it try and cram it down my throat and it has taken me from don't like it to hate it. The flopping and racism by some fans in Europe just are icing on the cake. Nothing about the sport is appealing to me on any level.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think I'm going to go and love soccer, just because Hostile hates it so much.
  19. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you'll get shot in Compton for playing that girly sport.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'll shoot 1st, sons. Westsyde. Out.