1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Clinton doesnt assassinate Osama (anyone know this story)?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Mar 28, 2008.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

28,530 Messages
    2,630 Likes Received
    I remember watching one of the news channels a few years back and they someone(I dont remember who)... they claimed to be a Clinton advisor or something. They claimed that when Bill was told where Osama was and if he wanted to assassinate him? This person said that Hillary told Bill not to assassinate Osama because it would ruin his legacy as President. She didnt want Bill to be known as a President who ordered assassinations... or something to that effect?

I am just curious.... wanted to know if anyone saw that interview or knows something about it?

Thanks
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,637 Messages
    4,255 Likes Received
    I did not hear the Hillary part. The fact that Bill could have gotten Bin laden is old news though. The Hillary part sounds made up though.
  3. REDVOLUTION

28,530 Messages
    2,630 Likes Received

It could sound made up....

It could also be true.....

Would you really put anything past the Clinton's or any politicians.
  4. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

He had many opportunities to assisinate Osama. Once he was hunting with a top Saudi Arabian offical and they didn't want to kill him too in the event of an airstrike. Another time he was near a mosque and they didn't want to damage it.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    I thought it said Obama...

:omg:
  6. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think another time Hillary was over there on a covert mission but she just missed him.
  7. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

She was under sniper fire at the time and had to run.
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I did too with a quick glance.
  9. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You weren't the only one.
  10. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The account I've heard is that intelligence told President Clinton that they had a satellite image of Bin Laden surrounded by his bodyguards. Basically it was a white robed figure surrounded by a bunch of black-clothed figures. Clinton didn't think that was enough information to go on to order a strike.

He believed chances were just as good they would assasinate a religious leader instead - and that would have been a nice headline and good for international relations [/not].
  11. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Don't ruin the story.

It's sounds better when you say that he had a chance and didn't take it...knowing full well that it was Bin-Laden.
  12. iceberg

iceberg nothing is nothing Zone Supporter

29,411 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    i'd have to agree - not enough to go on. also - before 9.11 was he really "assasinate worthy"? i also have to agree with hillary (if she said it) that we don't want to be in that business with our president.

it's a tough call *today* but if we know where he is - bomb it. go in and kill him if we have to. but assasinate is just something i don't think we should do.
  13. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He had bombed the embassies in Africa, but if you couldn't make him out it would have been a risky call.
  14. iceberg

29,411 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    judgement to be sure. in this case i can see 100% why he'd not pull that trigger.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,617 Messages
    7,327 Likes Received
    However he did "try" and get OBL taken out...and FAILED.

Remember the line from Bush...

"I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt."

Still makes me laugh as it is a good line, however it was a direct dig at Clinton.
  16. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Wasn't Bin-Laden tipped off that that attack was coming or something like that?

Man if only he had been nailed.
  17. iceberg

29,411 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    you gotta give credit for trying - and i do. *at the time* bin laden just wasn't a household name of hatred like it is now. in hindsight so many want to lay this on bill and that's wrong too.

so maybe bush didn't spend $2mil to hit a camel in the butt, but a trillion dollars later he's not hit the target yet either, has he? :)
  18. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Note I didn't bring this up...but I agree with it.

:D
  19. iceberg

29,411 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    :eek:
    :cool:
    :)
  20. REDVOLUTION

28,530 Messages
    2,630 Likes Received

Its a tough call... if Bush doesnt go on offensive against the terrorist countries... maybe we have two or three 9-11's since 2001 and then he would chastised for not be more proactive and spending money to keep us safe.