1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Clowney picks Gamecocks

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Doomsday101, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,121 Likes Received
    ROCK HILL, S.C. – Jadeveon Clowney began reading the words everyone had wanted to hear for nearly two weeks. Then the country's top football recruit found out what it was like to wait.

Clowney ended an extra 12 days of signing suspense Monday when he picked South Carolina's hat off a table that also had caps from finalists Alabama and Clemson. First, though, Clowney had to wait for the go-ahead from ESPN, which carried his announcement live to a national audience.

When given the signal, Clowney spoke: "I'm going to the University of ..." he said, then reached for the Gamecocks' cap to the cheers of friends, family, South Pointe High students and teammates.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/02/14/waits-recruit-clowney-picks-gamecocks/
  2. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Looks like today is his 18th birthday. His first decision as an adult. Nice.
  3. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So ESPN has a live show showing some guy picking his college? Is there nothing else to broadcast?
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Over the top. Especially considering the kid might not even be academically eligible. :banghead:
  5. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Has anybody watched this kid play? They act like hes the Lebron of football or something...

Maybe he is. But I don't watch highschool football so I have no clue as to how good this dude really is
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,382 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I haven't seen him play, but my next door neighbor (SC alumn) is off the charts excited about the kid.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,460 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    Everytime we see a guy like this it seems like the hype train hurts their game before they ever get a chance.