1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Clowney - The Next Reggie White

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JackWagon, Jan 3, 2013.

1. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    This kid is going to be a hall of famer. He is scary. Too bad he isnt in this draft.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,288 Messages
    4,657 Likes Received
    If he gains so more weight and stays as quick then becomes much more powerful then maybe. I think he will be very good if he stays healthy. Reggie White...probably not.

Has there ever been another Reggie White?
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,841 Messages
    10,133 Likes Received
    No. Not that I've seen.

He could literally be the best player of all time. He was that good.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,808 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    He is 6-6, 256 and only 19 years old. He pushed projected 2013 NFL starting OT Taylor Lewan around in the game against Michigan.

The better comparison is DeMarcus Ware. He is already a better college player than Ware and that's against a higher level of competition.
  5. Titleist

Titleist Well-Known Member

726 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Cowboys 2013 campaign: Suck for Clowney. I don't care if it takes going 0-16, I want this guy opposite DWare!!
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Clowney's game isn't Reggie White like. If you're just talking best pass rusher, then fine, but Reggie was more than a pass rusher.

At 6'5 291, he could have played DT, especially since his era was before most o-linemen were 300+ pounds. Even in today's NFL, he could play DT in a tampa 2 scheme.

The two closest guys would be Julius Peppers and Mario Williams, but neither have the power and strength Reggie had and even though both are legitimate pro-bowl players, they are literally half the player Reggie White was.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,019 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Erik Williams made Reggie White look pretty basic all the time until the nfl put in a rule specifically for Erik.
  8. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,953 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    what rule was this?
  9. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,019 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Erik's vicious slap to the head. lol Guy almost knocked White out a few times.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,808 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    The hands to the face rule.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,019 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    pretty much, you have to remember this was early 90s. when they were still allowed to play football. Thats when nfl started to get soft
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,019 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    [youtube]2pfBqPKQC0E[/youtube]

look at the :46 mark. you saw this most of the time when Erik williams and Reggie White met
  13. ayjackson

ayjackson New Member

208 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lie-downie for Clowney?
  14. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    He reminds me of Bruce Smith. JJ Watt reminds me of Reggie White.
  15. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,149 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Love seeing Irvin prancing around on the field in that video. Also, how beautiful was it to see the holes that Emmit was running through...remind u of todays team? Big E Williams used to go all out Nuclear against Reggie White...Do we have anyone on the team currently that is even close to Big E even after he wrecked his knee is his auto accident?

Super Super talent those teams had, I dont think we will ever see such dominance again.

And oh...Seeing Favre reminded me oh so much of Romo.