1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: CN:A 2nd Look at the Cards Tape: Same Old, Same Old

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 6, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,174 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/12/2nd-look-at-cards-tape-same-old-same.html
    Posted by Rafael at Monday, December 05, 2011

The Cowboys can't shake some protection problems, and they're a big reason for the drop in road points. Yesterday, Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton took a page from New England's game plan, attacking center Phil Costa with inside linebacker blitzes. Two variants of these ILB rushes generated sacks and limited Dallas to field goal attempts.

Situation 1: First quarter. Arizona has taken a 3-0 lead, but Felix Jones has returned the kickoff 69 yards, from four yards deep in his end zone to the Cardinals 35.

2. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The blueprint to beat us could be written on a post it note :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Ah yes Costa... I remember 1 play where you clearly saw the blitz coming up the middle and he turned left to help Holland

Result sack....nobody's perfect I guess

4. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member

541 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    I'm not much of an X's and O's expert, so I would appreciate some informed opinions. Wouldn't running more screens slow down this kind of rush? During camp I thought we were going to run a lot more screens than we have. Any ideas why we don't?

5. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    For the same reason why we can't explain some of the other decisions made by this team and staff.