1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: CN:A 2nd Look at the Cards Tape: Same Old, Same Old

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 6, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/12/2nd-look-at-cards-tape-same-old-same.html
    Posted by Rafael at Monday, December 05, 2011

The Cowboys can't shake some protection problems, and they're a big reason for the drop in road points. Yesterday, Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton took a page from New England's game plan, attacking center Phil Costa with inside linebacker blitzes. Two variants of these ILB rushes generated sacks and limited Dallas to field goal attempts.

Situation 1: First quarter. Arizona has taken a 3-0 lead, but Felix Jones has returned the kickoff 69 yards, from four yards deep in his end zone to the Cardinals 35.
  2. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The blueprint to beat us could be written on a post it note :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    Ah yes Costa... I remember 1 play where you clearly saw the blitz coming up the middle and he turned left to help Holland

Result sack....nobody's perfect I guess
  4. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member Zone Supporter

469 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    I'm not much of an X's and O's expert, so I would appreciate some informed opinions. Wouldn't running more screens slow down this kind of rush? During camp I thought we were going to run a lot more screens than we have. Any ideas why we don't?
  5. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    For the same reason why we can't explain some of the other decisions made by this team and staff.