1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CN: Bunting: Edge Rushers from the 2nd Round Down

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 18, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/03/bunting-edge-rushers-from-2nd-round.html
    Posted by Rafael at Sunday, March 18, 2012

How safe a 1st-round pick is
    Dontari Poe?
    Today's chat with the National Football Post's Wes Bunting covers some later-round pass rushing prospects, the odds of drafting Dre Kirkpatrick as a safety and the current post-Combine thinking on Dontari Poe.

Cowboys Nation: We talked about Adrian Hamilton way before his bowl game and you were very excited to see him, because he had 20 sacks at his level. Then you reported back and said he was less than you expected. He's getting more attention now because of those sacks. Where does he fit in your current board?

Wes Bunting: I gave him a high-end free agent grade. He's got a thin lower half. He's got a little explosion and he's tight-hipped. He's got some production and he's got some savvy as a pass rusher. I just saw him against ho-hum competition and he didn't stand out. I gave him a free agent grade. I wouldn't draft him but you could bring him to camp. I think you can stand him up in a 3-4 and let him rush that way, but as a nickel rusher? I think there are more dynamic players out there.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,251 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Bunting thinks 60% chance Brockers goes to Carolina.