1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CN:Cowboys Draft 2012: Bunting Rates the Slot Receivers

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 13, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/02/cowboys-draft-2012-bunting-rates-slot.html
    Posted by Rafael at Sunday, February 12, 2012
    [IMG]
    T.Y. Hilton
    In today's chat with the Nation Football Post's Wes Bunting, he reviews the deep list of slot-receivers/ kick returners. One of these players could be very important to the 2012 Cowboys if Laurent Robinson is not re-signed.

Cowboys Nation: You keep waving the Devon Wylie flag and he's a very intriguing player, in part because he has a lot of company as a quick, slot-receiver/kick returner. Where do you see him going right now?
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Hilton is impressive . He would be a solid 4th round pick .
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly where I have him too.

He's one of my few "pet" players. This draft is deep smallish speedsters.
  4. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dammit. I guess if we want to get Devon Wylie, we might have to use a 3rd on him. I'm totally happy with a 4th on him. I just don't think the team would be willing to slot WR in the 3rd.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Broyles would be a nice pickup later in the draft.

I like alot of these small shifty guys, but don't really want to drop a 2nd or 3rd rounder on one.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nah, I honestly doubt he even goes that high. His got size issues and this draft is deep in smallish receiving talent (Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, T.Y. Hilton, K. Martin from Michigan State, et cetera).

I really like Wylie. I do think he's more quick than fast though.
  7. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,705 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I love Adams and have no prob selecting him in round three.
  8. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,687 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I'm really curious to see the measurables on Eric Page from Toledo. He declared a year early, which was surprising to nearly everyone who follows the guy. Looks like he might be a bit undersized, which may keep him down in the 5th-7th round range.

One thing is undeniable though - he absolutely SHREDDED the competition in the MAC during his 3 years there. Never fell below 82 catches in a season. Three year totals ..

306 catches, 3446 yards, 26 TDs

Had 5 return TDs as well in his career, so he definitely has ability there.

He got an invite to the Combine next week, so he's definitely a person to keep an eye on.