1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CN: Sources: Barron & Cox May Be Too Hot for Dallas

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 23, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Sources: Barron & Cox May Be Too Hot for Dallas
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/04/sources-barron-cox-may-be-too-hot-for.html
    Posted by Rafael at Monday, April 23, 2012

Barron: Mr. Buzz
    Here's some NFL draft smoke and eggs for Monday brunch. Apply the necessary amount of salt:

-- A source told me this morning that Alabama safety Mark Barron is one of the hottest names right now and may be gone before the Cowboys pick at 14. Knowledge of Dallas' interest may fuel a deal up. I was told the Tennessee Titans might look to deal up into the 11-13 range to get Barron. I was told similar things about the Jets (currently 16th) and the Eagles (15th).
  2. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,298 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Well then I guess we'll just have to settle for DeCastro. :)
  3. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,756 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Not worried about a team jumping us to get to Barron. This stuff always starts circulating before the draft.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,799 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    I'll be happy with Gilmore or Barron at this point.
  5. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    I want DeCastro anyways. Barron gone before we pick just means there's a bigger chance DeCastro will be there
  6. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    DeCastro!!! Maybe a little Blake in there too. Then focus on D next year through FA and draft.
  7. cds99

cds99 Member

121 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I hope it's not true they will go to high. My fav. Listed in order
    Cox
    Gilmore
    Barron
    Decastro
  8. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This board will blow no matter who the pick is but when Dallas passes on DeCastro it's shaping up to be the most epic drama filled day in recent history.
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,710 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I think there's a very real chance that Cox, Barron and Decastro all go before #14. That would be the nuclear scenario for us as it would mean a trade down or Brockers.

I'm just not excited about Brockers. He's just not ready to play at this level.
  10. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......last year people were flipping OUT that T.Smith would be gone or someone would trade up. Well....thankfully it didn't happen. If he stays healthy he'll be our starting LT the next 12 years and make MULTIPLE pro bowls. He'll be the best Olineman in that draft BY FAR. If Cox is gone, we'll take Barron, if hes goner we'll take decastro.....cant go wrong
  11. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I may curse under my breath at the TV. :banghead:
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,791 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    If we pick Brockers...I will blame you. :p:
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    At some point in the next 5 days I plan on getting blamed for something so I'm mentally prepared. :p:
  14. cowboyjf

cowboyjf Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Cox and Barron are off the board and Decastro is still there...I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if we chose instead to trade down (only if we end up getting Konz later in the first and a guard in a later round).

But if we pick at 14 with those two off the board and we pass on Decastro...I may throw the remote thru the TV. :bang2: We simply must address the OL...preferrably both G and C.

Fingers crossed here for good things:pray:
  15. cds99

cds99 Member

121 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'll say that I don't watch the most college ball of most people but so I don't know every draft prospect like I would be able to but I do know I just don't get the warm fuzzy feeling about brockers. He may turn out to be a 10yr. Pro bowler but as this moment I'm just not feeling it.
  16. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Yup.

When and if Barron and Cox are gone and DeCastro is still available at #14, and the Cowboys trade down to #22 with Cleveland (so they can take Michael Floyd), the only way people don't break their keyboards griping around here will be if he slides and is still available at #22.
  17. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If they get Mercilus that would be okay. But, all of this talk about people wanting Barron is making me want the Cowboys to get him even more.
  18. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

2,954 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    My fear is we'll have to "settle" for Brockers or Poe! :eek:
  19. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

6,858 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Rather have Barron than DeCastro, Cox and Coples are #1 on a short list.

Meanwhile back at the Motel, Brockers is 2012s Tyron Smith.

Uddennn Udddunnn
  20. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Honestly, he's been my pet cat for the first round pick since day 1, and as much as I've liked the fact that a lot of the "experts" are now agreeing with me, the thought that his value may now be so high that we'd have to trade up to get him has me a bit disgruntled.

That said, I don't think a number of the rumblings about different teams planning to trade up to get him or take him in the top 10 are true. There's more smoky haze going on around the league right now than in the middle of the mob at a Grateful Dead concert.