1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coach K on Obama Bracket pics

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by sbark, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,501 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/18/coack-k-disses-obamas-basketball-picks/

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski isn't thrilled his team got snubbed by the leader of the free world.
    "Somebody said that we're not in President Obama's Final Four, and as much as I respect what he's doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets," Krzyzewski told a reporter from the Associated Press on Wednesday.
    The president filled out his NCAA bracket for ESPN on Tuesday, and the Blue Devils weren't among his Final 4 picks. Instead, he has Coach K's squad falling to Pittsburgh in the Elite 8.
    Obama's pick to win the Big Dance? Duke's archrival, the University of North Carolina.

.....maybe instead of Jay Leno or BB pics.....obama should help Giethner in his "one man" Treas. Dept........
  2. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,605 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    What an outrage. He has former Duke B-baller Reggie Love on his staff, and he can't show the Devils some love!!! TRAITOR!!! ;)
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I honestly think he should be doing something more important than brackets but whatever I guess.
  4. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,605 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Does not compute....

What would that be?
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    Having a birthday party on his ranch during a national crisis.:p:
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,556 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    Well, the guy deserves some time for fun, frivolous activity.

Let's not turn into the Democrats who castigated Bush every time he visited his ranch. It's as if the concept of a "ranch" was somehow antithetical to the concept of working.
  7. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    being president?
  8. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,605 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    More important than March Madness. No wai.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received

Maybe Krzyzewski should just shut up and coach his team. Most of America believes that Pitt will beat Duke and many think they will beat everybody they play. Get real, Duke isn't that good this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to the winner of Texas/Minnesota. Duke has trouble defending strong interior play. Both of those teams have strong front lines.
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,501 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Mr TOTUS your campaigning is over....never ever has a sitting TOTUS succumed to an appearance on Leno/Letterman......which issues will he throw out?....cap/trade, health care, 3 trill budget, AIG bonus's.....

Final 4 pics---I'd venture to say all POTUS made em' w/o the media coverage......have we been able to see the TOTUS on the can' yet?

I wonder if Duke will now be out of any Stimulus Education funding.......or Coach K have to repay any 2009 bonus money as per contract
  11. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let me guess, Teleprompter of the United States?
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Let's not forget that the bracket appearance on TV was not leisure at all, but actually work. I'm pretty sure that was a calculated PR appearance to hammer the "likeability" point especially now with approval ratings dropping steadily.

Part of the job of President is keeping up appearances, so I don't think any backlash is warranted.
  13. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Or holding a couple of kegers in the White House on St. Patrick's day during a national crisis.
    Or going to Hawaii during a national crisis.
    Or going on vacation for 4 days while emergency bills are waiting for his signature.

Pathetic. Ron Paul would be disappointed in you. You need to focus BP. Your personal obsessions causes you to lose focus easily.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,676 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    As a UNC grad, I have to support Barry on this one!
    Go Heels
  15. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,619 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Yeah that always irritated me too. When you are President of the United States, there is no such thing as a "day off." You're constantly doing security briefings, meetings, speeches, etc, etc. This isn't 1908. If, for example, Congress is in recess for the summer, the President can do his job just as well from Texas as he can from Washington DC.

As for Obama, Coach K is just wrong here (and I say that as someone who is a fan of Coach K). Yeah, the country has problems that need to be addressed. But it doesn't mean Obama has to do nothing but work on the economy 24/7. I doubt the country's legislative and stimulus agendas were delayed because POTUS decided to fill out a bracket.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,676 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    Hey Rogah. I'm certain that Coach K was saying this tongue-in-cheek. He was just having fun and as always enjoying a little back-and-forth with Duke arch rival UNC. He didn't mean anything by it at all.

Nevertheless....down with Duke!
  17. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,619 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I'll take your word for it :D
  18. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,405 Messages
    150 Likes Received
  19. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,605 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    They just showed the clip on SC. He was clearly joking around.